“Fantastic food, great evening”
Review of Brownes

Brownes
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Tuam
Description: Brownes is a cosy restaurant and bar all about craft beers, cocktails, wines and a delicious local, seasonal menu served in a modern, elegant fashion.
Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

Had such a delicious meal with a friend in this lovely restaurant. The crab and smoked salmon starter was amazing...an ample serving but deliciously light and so full of flavour. This I followed with the beef cheek which was to die for. Absolutely fabulous food. Cannot recommend highly enough :))))

Reviewed August 27, 2018

My wife and I visited Brownes yesterday. We had read about it in an Irish Times Review. It was a lovely experience. I had the best pork belly I have ever had and my wife had chicken with beans & chorizo. The chips were said to be 'beef drippingly' good and that was a great description. They took their time with the preparation (you can see the kitchen and the two guys were very relaxed) and it was worth the wait. Thoroughly enjoyed it and the Creme Brulee afterwards. As we were driving, we only had a pint of guiness but it was a perfect pint. (Had loads of these in Brownes when the Sawdocs and others used to play there. Well worth going here. My only negative comment would be that there could be nice white cloths on the tables but thats only an observation. Also, I would have put their plaques (irish times; sunday times ....) on the outside wall so that passers by could see it but their food probably gets great word of mouth. finally, if I lived in Tuam, I would collect the homemade brown bread each day.

3  Thank MartinComain
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

We came to visit from London with friends and went to Brownes on a Friday night. My husband and I both ordered the chicken croquets to start and the beef for our main and we were incredibly impressed by the high standard, presentation and unique tastes of the food. The meat was cooked so tenderly and it was clear that it was fresh and of a good quality. The service was wonderful and we even got a photo with the very talented chefs! This family run business is definitely a must.

2  Thank Rayna R
Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

I had read a review of this small bar/restaurant in The Irish Times which was very complimentary and so when we found ourselves passing through Tuam decided to try it for ourselves. The lunch menu seems to have something for everyone - I had an open smoked salmon sandwich on brown bread which although fairly simple was tasty. My husband said his mushroom soup was delicious. The wine list looked comprehensive. The only downside is that the dining room is soulless - it needs a bit more imagination with the decor and table settings. The front bar is cute .We would return if in the area again.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

A short but fresh menu. I had the chestnut mushroom soup - divine and the homemade brown bread I had starter of crab, smoked salmon and cucumber with chips for my main. Crab/smoked salmon was divine. I thought the chips were over cooked but otherwise very nice. My partner in crime had tomato mozzarella salad for starter and fresh cod for main. He reported it was divine. We had a cheese board to share which was perfect. Excellent and attentive service. Will definitely be back.