“Excellent service and hospitality”
Review of Ard Ri House Hotel

Ard Ri House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Tuam
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed over for 1 night and was extremely happy with the clean rooms and standard of service , wi-fi was free throughout the hotel and of good standard , food and drinks were reasonably priced and of above average quality , will be staying again !

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
galway1galway, Manager at Ard Ri House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

I would like to thank you very much for your kind comments. It is good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and most importantly that you will return. Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

After been on the road all week I found myself in Tuam on Thursday night , not been familiar with the area I called a colleague and he recommended the Ard Ri . First impression was just OK , but that was soon changed once I got inside and was greeted by a very competent receptionist , the bedroom was immaculate in presentation and cleanliness . There was a good choice of food on the bar menu which was served quickly and was really good . I am not down this part of the world much but will defiantly stay here anytime I am ...... Well done

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
galway1galway, Manager at Ard Ri House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Thank you very much for your great review with regards to the hotel and our service. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I held my 50th birthday party in the Ard Ri Hotel in Tuam, Co Galway last May. I had up to 80 guests at the party, several who stayed in the Hotel. The party went very well, food was good and plentiful and service of the food was friendly and efficient. The cost was quite reasonable too and the room was beautifully decorated when we arrived but I was very upset about the rest of the night, my birthday cake, specially decorated (which cost 100 euro) arrived to the hotel in perfect condition but before I received it, the cake was damaged in the kitchen of the hotel by a member of staff, which took the look off the entire cake, later on that evening the member of staff who broke it did apologise which I apprecriate, but I never received any apology from management. Before my party started a bouquet of flowers was delivered to the hotel reception. I was not informed about the bouquet, either on the night or in the days after the party, I only found out about these flowers seven days after my party, I was never told of these flowers by hotel staff and apparently the bouquet was left outside the function room at the area the staff entered and exited with the food, where I had never been, I telephoned the hotel as soon as I found out about them but the receptionist just said they had been delivered to hotel reception and were put in a cold room to keep fresh, she did not know where the bouquet went. I was terribly upset about this more so than the cake as my Godmother sent them, they were extra special and she must have thought me very ignorant not to thank her for them, well I hardly could as I didnt know about them! To this date I have not heard a word from management neither an apology or explaination. After planning my party for months I wish now I choose somewhere else for my party.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank DeeT93
galway1galway, Manager at Ard Ri House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Your complaint of 8 months ago is noted, thank you.
Delighted it all went so well. The supervisor who “broke” pieces off the edge of your cake apologized, which you accepted. No indication was given of any kind that a 2nd apology was expected, particularly as complete satisfaction was expressed to the supervisor at the time in relation to the set up and presentation of the event.
The same supervisor indicated to a male member of your party that a bouquet of flowers was delivered and available for presentation. The supervisor was instructed to leave the bouquet outside the door until later that evening. No further instruction was received in this matter.
Until your recent posting on tripadvisor some 8 months later, the management were totally unaware that the flowers were not presented to you.
We are grateful for your kind comments in respect of quality, value and efficiency of food and service and room set up.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Looks like a large b&b from the front but a very solid hotel behind. Receptionist was lovely and welcoming. Attended a family function, where the food served was very nice and all treated very well. Room was lovely, very clean and modern. Breakfast was great too - well done to all in the Ard Ri.

Room Tip: There is a function room at the back of the hotel and some rooms may be over it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SkiingTourist
galway1galway, Manager at Ard Ri House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you very much for you kind words and great review of the hotel and our service. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Went out for our Christmas meal with the girls. Was expecting a big crowd since it was the last weekend before Christmas. Very disappointing; the restaurant was almost empty. The table was nicely decorated; the service was average; the food was disappointing. I had the beef which was tough and very difficult to cut; plenty of vegetables and potatoes but not piping hot which I like. The starter was lovely and the desert was delicious. Didn't hang around afterwards for drinks because there wasn't much of an atmosphere which was a pity. Wouldn't be inclined to return there for a meal.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
galway1galway, Manager at Ard Ri House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

"We are dissappointed you were dissappointed".
We had been very busy all December with Christmas Celebrations of all types and sizes and recorded some wonderful feedback first hand from guests at the time.
We found the last weekend very quiet all round despite it being the most successful Christmas yet.
Should you consider a return visit please let us know and we will make every effort to ensure your experience is much approved.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I recently attended my Grandparents 60th wedding anniversary here and all the guests, both young and old, really enjoyed themselves! The staff were so warm and friendly throughout, from the barmen to the waitresses straight through to the night porters! The hotel is clean and comfortable with a warm atmosphere. We had a 3 course meal and the overall feedback was that it was delicious! I did not spend the night so I cannot comment on the rooms but if the rest of the hotel is anything to go by then I am sure they are of a high standard also! Our grandparents and their guests had a wonderful night from start to finish, I would most definitely recommend the Ard Ri for any functions or events!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EatLaughLove
galway1galway, Manager at Ard Ri House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Our sincere thanks for your kind comments, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

In July I got a room without air condition (>25°C outside) and a huge window, which was not to be opened. The very small window above it was possible to open for about 30%. Not too good. I guess usually it's not so warm in Ireland, but unfortunately in my case it was.
The Ard Ri House Hotel comes with a restaurant/pub with basic food - nothing special but OK.
Continental breakfast was included in room fee - "Full Irish/English" comes for an addional ca. 10 € - not the cheapest I guess.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank phiga
galway1galway, Manager at Ard Ri House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments, it is true to say that we had an unprecendented heatwave in July and we agree that this is "unusual".
Please note in July our Kiltevna Room Restaurant for fine dining was also open, offering attractive alternative fare.
May we confirm that our room rate is always inclusive of Full Irish Breakfast and there is no additional charge for this service.
We look forward to welcoming you again to the Ard Ri House Hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuam
Corralea Court Hotel
McWilliam Park Hotel
McWilliam Park Hotel
#1 of 3 in Claremorris
Anglers Rest Hotel
Anglers Rest Hotel
#1 of 1 in Headford

Been to Ard Ri House Hotel? Share your experiences!