We had 4 double rooms in the main part of the building, each one decorated to a very high level and extremely comfortable. The views from the rooms at the back, over the river Nore, were special. The hostess had a very warm welcome for us, and went out of her way to help us enjoy our family trip, not to mention cooked a beautiful breakfast the following morning.
Nothing but good things to say about the place itself. As for the location, it is a few miles from Thomastown/Inistigoe, with beautiful walks all along the Nore, right from the front gate of the B&B...cant get much better than that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ballyduff House, built in 1760, is set in glorious parkland overlooking the river Nore. It is the beautiful home of Brede Thomas who, as well as running the B&B also farms. The setting is totally unspoiled which is almost unique in this part of Ireland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Ballyduff House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballyduff House Hotel Thomastown
- Ballyduff House Ireland/Thomastown, County Kilkenny