“5 star service”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Thomastown
co wexford
“5 star service”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed here recently for a two night weekend break which included dinner . I found the whole experience wonderful and very relaxing , we opted for dinner in kendals restaurant on the saturday night .From staff service to the beautiful food we certainly had no complaint .We have stayed here on numerous occasations and it never fails to disappoint . I would have no problem in returning or recommending Mount Juliet to anyone , however we did find it expensive for drinks etc .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank margaretcowexford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Waterford
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The following is a copy of correspondence sent directly to Mount Juliet website at 10 p:m on 2nd November. Four days later ,my e -mail has not even been acknowledged.
"Myself and my husband have just returned from a night in your hotel. I had tried to book a two night break but this was the only time slot available and we took the opportunity as our time together is precious. I feel very disappointed with our experience as for the five star price we would certainly not rate it accordingly. The grounds and building are beautiful and after checking in around 3 pm and an hour long walk , we looked forward to relaxing in the bedroom before dinner. Unfortunately the heating was not adequate and after putting on extra jumper and putting up with it for a while my husband called reception. It didn't take long for maintenance to arrive where they identified one of the radiators wasn't working and an oil filled radiator was supplied. By the time we changed for dinner , we were still cold and had to order hot whiskeys in bar to warm up. When dinner in Lady Helen restaurant being ordered, asked that we be placed near fire/heat. Disappointed no fire lit but was told that this was for customers comfort as room would get too warm (totally disagree!!!). Enjoyed tasting menu and in general good impression apart from glass of red wine which was unpalatable due to corkage. Replacement wine was provided. Food presentation and taste top class but had to send back coffee as it was not hot . Bedroom had heated up by the time we returned and we had wonderful night's sleep.
Breakfast was good but I must make a point of letting you know that on the Breakfast Menu cover there is a greeting in Irish and I would question the standard of translation - it is an insult to any native speaker. I pointed this out to reception on check out but was told that she herself had never seen it, but would report it.
I don't wish to sound so negative but I think Mount Juliet is such a special place and we had looked forward to an equally special experience but did not feel we got that. Rather than tell others of our disappointing experience I feel that I should bring these matters directly to your attention."
Lack of attention to e-mail has soured experience and I would not return or recommend it to any of my friends. Better service in lower rated hotels to be had.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MMBWaterford
London
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I got married at Mount Juliet and all my guests stayed on the estate either in the Rose Lodges, Paddocks, Club House or the Mount Juliet House itself. Everyone had an amazing stay. The staff were friendly, warm and sincere. The grounds were spectacularly maintained and there was so much activities to partake in on the grounds from archery to fishing to horseriding to clay pigeon shooting. There is also a great spa and swimming pool! Truly wonderful

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank YiiYng
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed here for six days and enjoyed the golf course twice during that time. A Jack Nicklaus design, it is very playable with wide fairways and beautiful holes. I stopped several times to take pictures of the trees with red, gold, and orange foliage. An enchanting time of year to be there.
Many activities were available, including horseback riding and archery, which we enjoyed. The pool does not allow children between 1-3 in the afternoon, so adults can have some time to themselves then. Breakfast was lovely in both the main dining room and in the restaurant. We stayed in the Rose Garden Cottages, which were two bedroom suites with large living rooms, a full kitchen, a washer and dryer, and king-size beds in the bedrooms. It was perfect for a family.
Golf is fairly expensive, as are the golf carts. It is possible to walk the course, though, as it is not a particularly challenging terrain.
Mount Juliet also has an 18-hole putting course, which was great fun for the entire family. There is a spa but book your treatments before you go, as many of the days were fully booked when we arrived.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with a family, definitely try the Rose Garden Cottages.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SuffolkAnn
dublin
Reviewed November 2, 2012

had a good one night stay at mount juliet for a work occasion. I left something behind in my room and was very surprised at the service after I departed to get item returned. Many phone calls later with unresponded messages I got sorted< definitelty not what you would expect from an establishment promising five star service

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank michele j
Ottawa
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I'm giving Mount Juliet only five stars because I can't give it 14.
It was quite simply the most enchanting experience I've ever had a hotel. Now, we were in town for a wedding and perhaps they rolled out the red carpet for us (actually they literally rolled out the red carpet for us).
Everything about our experience there was top notch - for the food and the service throughout the estate, I cannot give enough accolades. (At both the wedding reception and our 'private' meals over our stay)

Really I can only say this-do yourself a favor and stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank OscarHeycuff
Dublin
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Had a wonderful mid-week stay in Mount Juliet, everything about the place is superb and lived up to expectations. Greeted by a very friendly lady at reception, and brought to our room by John who also drove us later that evening to the golf club for dinner. The nature of service provided by John typifies all that is good about Mount Juliet – friendly, unpretentious and top quality. Had dinner in the golf club, which was superb. Bedroom huge, in old country house style, with plenty of lounge areas downstairs to relax. Breakfast also was excellent. Could not recommend more!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MichelleCIrl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thomastown
Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa
#1 of 19 in Kilkenny
Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel
Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel
#9 of 19 in Kilkenny

Been to Mount Juliet Estate? Share your experiences!