“The best”

Mount Juliet Estate
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Thomastown
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I'm giving Mount Juliet only five stars because I can't give it 14.
It was quite simply the most enchanting experience I've ever had a hotel. Now, we were in town for a wedding and perhaps they rolled out the red carpet for us (actually they literally rolled out the red carpet for us).
Everything about our experience there was top notch - for the food and the service throughout the estate, I cannot give enough accolades. (At both the wedding reception and our 'private' meals over our stay)

Really I can only say this-do yourself a favor and stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank OscarHeycuff

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Had a wonderful mid-week stay in Mount Juliet, everything about the place is superb and lived up to expectations. Greeted by a very friendly lady at reception, and brought to our room by John who also drove us later that evening to the golf club for dinner. The nature of service provided by John typifies all that is good about Mount Juliet – friendly, unpretentious and top quality. Had dinner in the golf club, which was superb. Bedroom huge, in old country house style, with plenty of lounge areas downstairs to relax. Breakfast also was excellent. Could not recommend more!!

1  Thank MichelleCIrl
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Everything about Mount Juliet stands up to the wonderful reviews you read on Trip Advisor. My husband and I were traveling with our 2 year old daughter and the Rose Garden Lodges were perfect accommodations for a family. We stayed for 3 nights and the rooms were very spacious, with comfortable beds, and they are beautifully decorated. I would stay there again if we are lucky enough to ever return. Most nights we ate in the golf clubhouse and the food was delicious! Great service & nice conversation with the bartenders so it was a very relaxed atmosphere. The grounds at Mount Juliet are breathtaking - we enjoyed walks around the property to see the horses and cows. Truly a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: The Rose Garden Lodges are a great accommodation for families -- kitchen, dining area, living room a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank 23dillon
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Mount Juliet for 3 nights. What a luxury. Staff could not do enough for any guest. I played golf and after all the rain was very surprised how dry the course was, my ball never plugged, the course is truely a great test for any golfer. My wife went for a spa treatment and was very satisfied and relaxed when she returned. The rooms are superb, apacious and homely. From the moment we arrived to when we left our experience was maasing. I was walking from the car carrying my our bags when the portr pulled up in a car got out and took the bags for us, he is Polish and a lovely guy, he seems to have great knowledge of the old house (now the hotel) and the area, what a pleasure he was. The reception staff also very friendly as ere the rest of the staff in the hotel and up at Kendals and the golf shop.
All in all a visit to remember and one we will surely repeat in the near future.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the river Nore in the old house.
5  Thank Plusfore
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Received a weekend away at Mount Juliet as a birthday present from my other half. It did not disappoint. The stately home was beautiful and the activities available were fantastic. The food was second to none. The only critism I would like to highlight was the very small double bed. It was a little cramped. This aside, it was a great weekend.

3  Thank Denise C
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I spent an overnight here with my mother with the intention of having a relaxing spa break and dinner. We stayed in the old house which was lovely and very authentic but apart from enjoying afternoon tea there everything else was located in the club house - approx 400m away. It is really aimed at golfers and for a spa break it just didnt work at all. We had to walk between the main house and the leisure club approx 400m outside - not too pleasant in a bath robe so it meant dressing/undressing. We missed breakfast because the main restaurant was so busy and kept us waiting so long that we had to skip it in order to get our appointment for the spa. Dinner was also in the club house which meant a cold and dark walk back to the main house - a bit shivery! The leisure centre is a right throw back to the era when a hotel with a spa was an unusual thing - now they are everywhere and this one just has not kept pace at all. It needs a serious overhaul. My guess is that everything in Mount Juliet is aimed at golfers so maybe I was just in the wrong place. Staff were very good but it was a busy place and it just could not cope with the numbers.

Room Tip: One tip: afternoon tea is devine and an experience not to be missed, tucked up with fresh sandwiches...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jennyapple
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

This is our second visit. We stayed in the Rose Gardens apartments. We like to cook in the evening so cannot comment on the main restaurant. The apartments are great. Nice and big but also homely and relaxing. The feature for us is the riding which my wife and 12 year old daughter love. It also has plenty for my six year old son - swimming pool, archery, play ground, etc. I can't comment on the golf because we do not play - but it looks amazing. The grounds are huge for walks, etc. The service has always been very good though and when we have lunch in the bar it has always been very nice with plenty of options for the kids.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank StephenTheRed
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thomastown
Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa
#4 of 19 in Kilkenny
Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel
Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel
#10 of 19 in Kilkenny

Been to Mount Juliet Estate? Share your experiences!