“Stunning place”

Kilfane Waterfall and Glen
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Such a lovely place...secret garden, full of narrow paths, stone steps, charming little bridges... I have never heard about it since last Friday, I was planning my trip to Co Kilkenny to visit Jerpoint Abbey and Woodstock Gardens, and found the name of the Waterfall on the map.
I was a bit surprised that there was a fee 7€ - a bit pricey just to see a waterfall, but then I realised that it was not only waterfall but the whole amazing area which looks like a secret garden or rather a secret forest. It was a very relaxing walk, peaceful, with the birds singing and a river flowing. Truly fantastic spot, well maintained and well designed.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Wow what an unexpected gorgeous place to visit.... We went here whilst in thomastown not really knowing what to expect and came away mesmerised. The gardens are just stunning and our 4 children just loved! You could easily spend a very long afternoon here - we were disappointed we didn't have picnic and some wet gear to play around the waterfall in.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I only knew about this place because I saw a picture of it on Pinterest. It was not in any of the travel books we bought before making our trip to Ireland. SO happy we discovered it. What a gem. I came with my husband and in-laws. We enjoyed having tea at the little thatched hut by the waterfall and then explored the rest of the gardens. The water, the mossy bridges, the hidden mirror, ivy covered entranceways, butterfly swing, etc were simply beautiful. I plan to return this summer with my mom! Can't wait!

1  Thank Nicole F
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Been there couple of times, always nice and clean, perfect for a proper walk, and have a cup of tea.

1  Thank michaln1
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is a beautiful hidden garden with a stunning waterfall - beside which there is a thatched cottage. A grandmother, two parents and a sixteen year old made up our party and we all loved it. We walked through the garden and had tea in the thatched cottage and had a wonderful time.