“Stanley House has the wow factor!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Schull
Stanley House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 10 Schull B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Stanley House has the wow factor!”
Reviewed April 30, 2005

To say that Stanley House is the best guest house in Schull in an understatement - we found it by accident - and have been coming back for the past four years to see Nancy and Tom Brosnan and to enjoy their beautiful home and their wonderful hospitality.

We knew when we walked in we had struck gold in every sense, from the warm welcome, the wonderfully fresh clean bedroom with tea/coffee making facilities to sitting in the garden playing Scrabble with Nancy running up and down bringing us coffee and biscuits - what a find!

Breakfast is another "experience" - I don't know how Nancy cooks her mushrooms but they taste like nothing I have ever tasted before, absolutely mouth-watering.

I can recommend Stanley House to anyone who wants the best things in life - luxurious accommodation, wonderful food, chat and company. You will not be disappointed.

Welcome to the WOW FACTOR at Stanley House!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed April 5, 2005

My husband and I stayed at Stanley House in Schull on a recent tour of South West Ireland. We had read about Stanley House some time ago in a piece written by Maeve Binchy in The Irish Times. I had kept the article, in the hope that someday I could visit this wonderful place. Nancy Brosnan welcomed us into her beautiful home with a smile and a lovely cup of tea, served in her conservatory where the scent of her creeping Jasmine plant almost distracted us from a view of Schull Harbour that literally took my breath away. Our ensuite room was spotless with a fabulous comfortable bed, fluffy pillows and soft towels. We walked into the village that evening and had a fantastic meal at The Waterside Inn Restaurant. (The chef here is Nancy's son - might have known that the desire for excellence runs in the family!) Breakfast the next day was delicious with a fantastic menu and beautiful home-baked breads. That day we drove out to Mizen Head and walked along Barleycove Beach and Sheep's Head. There is no doubt in my mind that this part of West Cork is a hidden treasure and Stanley House is by far the best B&B my husband and I have ever stayed at. Fantastic hospitality, luxurious accommodation, great people! But then again, who could doubt Maeve Binchy's opinion..

3 Thank Kthorny123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schull
Maritime Hotel
#3 of 10 in Schull
Sea Lodge B & B
Sea Lodge B & B
#4 of 6 in Durrus

Been to Stanley House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!