“Great B & B in beautiful Schull, West Cork, Ireland”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Schull
Stanley House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 10 Schull B&B and Inns
Banning, California
“Great B & B in beautiful Schull, West Cork, Ireland”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My sister and I (ages 82 and 76) have ancestors from the Schull area in West Cork, Ireland. Two years ago we traveled to this beautiful area for the first time. And we happened upon the moderately priced (or inexpensive) Stanley House B & B. We stayed there one night and were eager to come back again.

This year we reserved six nights and found the B & B to be as quiet, immaculate, and stress relieving as before. With a sizable breakfast menu my own favorite has become scrambled eggs with smoked salmon! The view from the B & B's sun room is spectacular and includes the harbor and its hillsides, a salboat fleet, perennial flower gardens, deer, peninsulas, and a cemetery with remains of an old church.

So relaxing! I can't remember having a better night's sleep! And Proprietess Nancy Brosnan is so accommodating: "Need an early breakfast? No problem. Need a ride to a restaurant? No problem."

You may wonder if I'm paid by or receive a discount from Nancy. The answer is "no," I simply want to share with other folks the opportunity for a relaxing holiday at my favorite B & B anywhere!

Signed, Judy Kany

Room Tip: My sister and I liked the fact that we could each stay in our own room on the first floor--each with...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Dover, NH
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My parents were going to Ireland and we wanted to surprise them with a nice dinner when they got there. We found out where they were staying and emailed Nancy. We asked Nancy for a recomendation on a place to get a gift certificate. Not only did she recomend a fantastic restaurant for us she went and got the gift certificate for us and left it in my parents room when they arrived. I was so impressed with her, I can only imagine how fantastic she would be in person. My parents raved about the property and when we take our trip to Ireland we will make sure to stay here. Thank you Nancy, you do not see this type of service often!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JillA
Dover, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We recently stayed for 4 nights at the Stanley House B & B in Schull and could not have asked for more gracious, welcoming, caring and helpful hosts than Nancy and Tom Brosnan. This
B & B is spotlessly clean with views of Schull Harbor that are delightful and it is by far the best B & B we have ever had the pleasure to stay in. Nancy's breakfast offerings are all delicious and we enjoyed a different one each morning from her full Irish breakfast to waffles, fresh fruit and cheese, yogurt, cereals, breads, juices and her freshly made coffee was fantastic too. When I first contacted Nancy I mentioned to her that we coming to the Schull area as I was hopeful that there might still be some of my relatives living there and she put us in contact with a few possibilities. As it turned out, they were my relatives and we spent a grand time visiting and getting to know them. I'm not sure we would have been able to locate them without her help! From our bedroom window we looked down on Schull Harbor and the runis of St. Mary's Church which happens to be the church my great great grandparents were married in back in 1833 - what a treat for me to wake each morning and see these ruins.

We had a problem with our rental car while there and without even asking Tom took care of it for us.

When staying in Schull you could not do any better than Nancy and Tom's Stanley House.

Room Tip: The views from the second floor looking out onto Schull Harbor are wonderful.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank da3259
West Midlands , England
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights recently whilst touring County Cork. Nancy's hospitality is what makes the place, she is a lovely lady and a wonderful hostess. Breakfasts are phenomenal. There is a wonderful, long sunroom / conservatory facing the Bay with countless books and guidebooks, or you can sit and watch the amazing variety of birds that visit the garden. Nicely situated as a base to visit the far south west. Rooms are not huge but have every mod con and facility that you will need. The gardens and views out on the bay are amazing. Its about a 10 minute walk to the town and it's mainly flat - really not a problem. If it rains or you drink too much Murphy's Stout in town, you can get a taxi back for about 5 Euros. Definitely recommend. Extremely good value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Australia
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We recently stayed with Nancy and Tom for 2 nights. The warmth of the welcome by Nancy is just lovely. She makes you feel so comfortable without any fuss. A cup of tea is always offered with a slice of whatever cake she has made is a delight. The rooms are spotlessly clean and have great views over the water. Nancy recommended the Waterside restaurant to us and we ate dinner there both nights, it was great with wonderful service. The guest sitting room is so comfortable when the weather is not so good. I would highly recommend this Guest House, we stayed in Ireland for 2 weeks and this one was the best.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MontiNb
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I recently stayed with Nancy and Tom at their B&B. what an amazing view, comfortable sleeping, incredible hospitality and delicious Irish breakfast. I would never stay anywhere else! And I forgot to mention the afternoon tea and cakes. Added bonus - they own several businesses in town and they know everyone. I am ashamed at how I took advantage of their contacts to help delve into my family genealogy work. Truly delightful three night stay.

Room Tip: Two rooms are available downstairs that can be set up as a family suite and also are great if you do...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We have just spent two wonderful days & nights at Stanley House where Nancy's hospitality was just outstanding. The weather was awful, but the warmth of her greeting, her concern for our welfare & the tea, cake and unbelievable breakfasts made the clouds disappear. Our bikes were cared for with the same tlc as we were & five stars are not sufficient to rate Stanley House. Fantastic!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schull
Maritime Hotel
#3 of 10 in Schull
Sea Lodge B & B
Sea Lodge B & B
#4 of 6 in Durrus

Been to Stanley House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!