“Music”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bunratty Inn

Bunratty Inn
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Schull
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ireland
“Music”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Rounded off a busy day with a few glasses of wine while listening to a witty and capable musician. Shame they only start at 10pm but was worth it.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank John T

New York City, New York
“Nice place when it is quiet.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Lovely old pub in the front and a large dining area and outside seating(beer garden) behind. I have been there when Schull was busy with tourists and all the restaurants were full. People gravitate to the Bunratty due to its size and seating area out front. The food and service are much improved when it is not crowded. The lemon sole is wonderful ! The plate of fresh steamed veggies and spuds is generous and tasty. I spoke briefly with the owner after my last visit. I wanted to purchase a gift certificate. He was very nice and helpful even though the place was very busy. I have never been disappointed here. I just enjoy it much more when it is quiet.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Finbar M
London, United Kingdom
“Great food served by charming staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Visited Bunratty Inn on a quiet sunday towards the end of September 2012 & will definately be returning. Ours was only a small party of 4 but we were seated straight away & served by a chirpy,very tanned young blonde Irish waitress who was only too eager to help, suggesting dishes for us to try off their special menu. I ordered the seafood chowder which was served with soda bread & was to die for followed by the chicken cajan baguette. Although a little pricey for some dishes, the size portions are very generous so you cerainly won't be leaving hungry!
Contrary to some reviews, I have not a bad word to say about our waitress. She visited our table often to ensure we were all ok but her presence wasn't overpowering & she was seen interacting & laughing with all the customers, creating a warm & friendly atmosphere in the small restaurant.You could tell it was a popular hangout as they were showing the Donegal/Mayo game & the pub was filled with cheers. We will defo be returning next summer!!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank DebMc16
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
“Bunratty Inn has rewards for every customer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

During our trip to Ireland we happened across Schull. We were lucky in that we came into town during the best weather they'd had for years. I suppose we were also lucky in that it was a relatively quiet time of year.
As ever, with most of the towns and villages we stopped in, we found that people were only too willing to help when you were asking for advice on places to eat.
"You'll be wanting Bunratty's at the top of the hill" said the woman crossing the road with us.
So we strolled up the hill and had some of the Guinness outside in the sun. We had a dog with us and that didn't go amiss by the keen eyed barman. Once he'd seen me right with the Guinness he brought out a tub of water for the dog. I thought that was a nice gesture. Later when he was putting out a few scraps of chicken in a similar tub for the local stray cat I thought maybe he just likes animals. Wrong again. He was just a really nice bloke! They're all at it in Ireland, they just can't help being nice. I say this because we went there a couple of times (maybe three (you can forget minor details y'know)) and after we'd had plates of garlic mussels, bowls of crab claws in garlic and bread, salad, sandwiches and chips galore .... he also noticed how much I liked their soda bread and while I was at the bank getting cash for the bus home after our final trip there...he wrapped up a loaf of their speciality soda bread in tin foil and suggested to our friend that she 'take this home for the man, he seems to like it'.

Like I said "Rewards for Everyone, good food all round for cats dogs and quintogenarians with a liking for bread!"

Average spend for 3 of us was 42 Euro for the food.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Dave_run_dmc_61
Cork
“Great pub food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Crab claws are fab. Worth a visit. Nice on the front patio on a sunny day. Fire inside on cold days. Good varied menu

Visited September 2012