“Our Amazing Wedding Venue”

Castlemartyr Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Castlemartyr
Cork, Ireland
“Our Amazing Wedding Venue”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We held our wedding reception at Castlemartyr the weekend before Christmas, the 21st of December. I can simply sum up our experience by saying it was amazing in every way.
Indeed, for anybody thinking about having their wedding reception at Castlemartyr, my husband and I can only highly recommend this incredible venue. From the moment we entered the hotel to view it as a potential wedding venue, we were greeted with the utmost courtesy, friendly professionalism and top quality service from the beginning.
We dealt with Ms. Jackie Day, who was our wedding consultant in the hotel. Jackie is a wedding planner extrordinaire! Jackie's professionalism, friendly approach and attention to detail are all incredible. Through every step of our journey and our wedding planning Jackie was ALWAYS available to meet with us and we could consult with her on any matter; no matter how small; right up to and, of course, including our big day. Her genuine commitment to making our day perfect gave us great peace of mind, her extraordinary personal approach, her enthuisam and her professionalism made our planning far easier. Thank you so much for everything Jackie.

On the day itself the concierge staff George and Lionel were both fantastic! Nothing was too much trouble. The bar staff were superb, the banqueting team and management were all excellent. The service was spectacular and the food was breathtaking.

The hotel itself; of course; offers the luxury of old world charm in a uniquely pleasant & vibrant atmosphere.
The accommodation we were given in one of the bridal suites of the Manor House was an experience in itself, whilst the delux accommodation for our guests was superb also!

Castlemartyr hosts a late breakfast for their wedding parties and their guests. This was a wonderful way to have a post wedding celebration. Special mention to Claire and her team for their incredible hospitality.
All in all, the feedback from our guests has been phenomenol. The guests have all commented on the wonderful atmosphere at the Castlemartyr, the friendliness of the wonderful staff, the organisation, food, service and of course the beautiful accommodation.

We ourselves, are elated and delighted with everything the Castlemartyr resort had to offer. This is a truly unique wedding venue in Ireland. Having Jackie Day as its wedding coordinator, and all that she brings to planning your special day, truly makes this venue world class. We can honestly say that every element of our day was absolutely perfect, we just wish we could do it all over again!
Our sincere thanks, once again, to everyone.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally impressive. Staterooms in the Manor House are spectacular!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Greek first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Having had our wedding here over the New Year period, we thought it would only be fair to give a review to play it forward for all those people whose reviews we read and reread on the road to having our wedding in Castlemartyr.

Anyway, if you have taken the plunge, or are considering taking the plunge with this hotel, we hope the following will help. Off the bat, I must say that after everything, if we had the choice to pick a venue for our wedding again, we would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

There were plenty of nice hotels built in Ireland during the boom, and we’ve been lucky enough to visit quite a few of these over the years, but few can match the overall experience of the Castlemartyr.

Our dealings were primarily through Jackie Day, whose professionalism and willingness to help instantly made us comfortable that things were in good hands. Her and her team did go out of their way to ensure that everything worked out on the night.

We did not follow the traditional approach to a wedding day and Jackie and the Resort were more than willing to accommodate our requests. Everything worked out great on the day and the night, and we were hugely impressed how it all played out.

The hotel manages to manage a mix a welcoming cocktail of old world charm with modern amenities in a package wrapped in a homely and welcoming experience.

Yes, the car park is a bit all over the road, but the rooms more than make up for it. If you would rather your car had a better sleep than you, perhaps this is not the hotel for you. Yes, the majority of the rooms are a bit of a walk from the reception area, but that walk will be carried out with a satisfied and well rewarded stomach, with the cuisine being more than a cut above the norm. Minor details in the grand scheme of things.

On the plus side, the function room with its beautiful high ceilings must be one of the most impressive function rooms in Ireland, Knights bar is stunning in its elegance, and all of the staff manage to thread that fine line between sincerity and stuffiness to make it all work.

Friends who travelled long distances are still raving about the hotel dogs, the rooms, facilities, ambiance, and how it all came together.

Overall, we cannot say enough about the resort and the people work there, and are glad we chose to have our big day here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael C
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed in Castlemartyr last Saturday night. We arrived at 4.30pm and told by rather unfriendly receptionist that our room wasn't yet ready and we could wait in the bar with bags where we could avail of comp tea/coffee. At 5 pm I went to check and room was available. Receptionist (different one) said 'oh this is a lovely room well worth waiting for'. I had booked a standard room I knew she was saying as way of explanation for our check in being so late. I didn't make an issue just smiled and said great. But found it slightly condesending.
Rooms a long distance from reception. I opened door to what I thought was our room only to discover there were already people in there. I ran out of it mortified and hiked back to recption. I explain the situation and receptionist (first one) said 'Oh' no apology and gave me another card. Not exactly inspiring confience.
The bedroom istelf is beautiful and the bathroom amazing. Was really impressed. Had dinner in Franchini italian and found it to be very basic..odered sides with meal that never arrived yet were on the bill. Pointed out to waitess who removed it no problem. Infairness, the staff in restaurant were v busy.
Breakfast v standard and long qs. On checking out on Sunday there was an afternoon tea on the bill which wasn't from us. It was from the room they had originally given me they key for. Receptionist didn't apologise just gave me new bill.
I sound like I am really fussy, I am not. I loved the hotel, just staff need more training on basis customer service. In every dealing I had check in, dinner and check out there was some issue that had to be addressed. I wouldn't be rushing back there are plenty of equally lovely hotels with fair better staff.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
8 Thank Kate P
ireland
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My husband and I spent last weekend at the Castlemartyr Resort and we felt like we were in heaven. What a beautiful place. The staff are fantastic, all so friendly and efficient. The hotel is amazing. Our room was beautiful, so comfortable and luxurious. We didn't want to go home. The music in the bar each night was great and a very relaxed and comfortable atmosphere added to the experience. We had afternoon tea on the Saturday and it was most enjoyable. I had a massage also and it was one of the best I ever had. We ate in Francinis on the Sat night and the food was excellent and the staff were lovely. The grounds are great too with plenty of walks. We had a wonderful weekend and I look forward to a return visit in the very near future.

Room Tip: All rooms in this hotel are fantastic.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bernadette48Ireland
Ireland
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at Castlemartyr resort on Sunday 19th Jan. Having read some recent negative reviews I was anxious about our stay as it was a surprise birthday present. When we arrived there were cars abandoned everywhere as a wedding fair on in the hotel. Frustrated trying to find somewhere to park I phoned reception and was informed by a very pleasant lady to just leave the car outside reception and the staff would park it for us. That was a great help! We were then checked in by George who was extremely polite and friendly and despite the hotel being busy, he took the time to explain every detail to us. He advised the room wasn't quiet ready but we could leave our bags with him and he would arrange for them to be delivered to our room. We asked to take the dogs for a walk but could see they were fast asleep so George said he would ask them if they wanted to go so he walked over and asked them and they both jumped up out of their sleep, tails wagging! When we returned half an hour later our car was parked and bags in room. The room was huge and bed was massive and comfortable. All mod cons. We ate in the italian in the hotel and food the food delicious but the service very slow. We were waiting with 2 other groups for quiet a few mins before getting seated, a couple who were seated 10 min after us got their order taken before us and we had to ask twice to even get water! That said, the restaurant was full to capacity which they may not anticipated on a Sunday night. Restaurant staff were very nice and friendly. Leisure facilities were very nice with a sunlight lit pool. Bar area is very relaxing and bar staff attentive and nice. Overall we had a fantastic stay and are already planning our next trip back :) p.s had a delicious lunch in pat shortts pub in the village, worth a stop in to.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank annaoc
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed in Castlemartyr recently and we were very impressed with the resort. We had a huge suite with its own private garden, gorgeous walk in wardrobe and great marble bathroom. We ate in Francinis the 1st night and it was very good, lovely daily specials as well as the menu, perfect casual dining option and we ate in the Bell Tower on the 2nd night and the food and service was fantastic, gorgeous baked yoghurt dessert was a winner for me.
Cooked to order breakfast as well as an extensive buffet options all served in a beautiful setting, love the manicured gardens.
Spa and the leisure facilities were great, lovely massage from Yvonne.
Staff were all very friendly and efficient - Cannot wait to return!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have yet to stay here but as I live quite close it seems a bit pointless but I have eaten here on many ocasions. The staff are so nice and accommodating and the food is delish. We have had small children with us a few times and it's never been an issue, there are so many rooms they allow you to dine in. The grounds and gardens are a must see also.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castlemartyr
Fota Island Resort
Garryvoe Hotel
#1 of 1 in Garryvoe
Midleton Park Hotel
#1 of 2 in Midleton

Been to Castlemartyr Resort? Share your experiences!