“Scones and rashers”

Casey's of Baltimore, Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Stayed here with my girlfriend. Brilliant value. The food is amazing. The evokes and rashers are to die for!!!

• Stayed: February 2012

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Spent a night in Caseys with a friend and we were very impressed . Ever before we arrived I found the staff to excellent to deal with over the phone and very accomadating with special requests. The room was really great: very spacious, bright, airy and very very clean. Good attention to detail. Sea view was great. Our room was lovely and quiet. Beds really comfy.

Breakfast was lovely.Great choice of cooked breakfast. Everyone we met was helpful . The dinner menu had plenty of choice, steak was lovely but I found a little over priced. Good atmosphere in the bar. All in all a great night away in a lovely comfortable hotel with a friendly ambience. Worth checking it out.

Room Tip: Look for sea view
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2012

My husband and myself have just spent a wonderful weekend at Casey's. From the time of our arrival to our departure everything we experienced was top notch. The staff were friendly, welcoming and efficient. The bedroom was really clean and comfortable with an incredible view. The restaurant is comfortable and we were lucky enough to have a window seat every time we dined there. The food was the fantastic and served by friendly staff. All in all it was a great weekend and we will definitely go back, soon, hopefully!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2012

For true customer service and to be made truly welcome to an hotel, I would strongly recommend this hotel. I stay in hotels all over the UK and Ireland with my job and this hotel stands out in my mind. Its location is fab. The breakfast was one of the best breakfast buffets I have ever seen. The owners were working there morning and night and even waited up for our very late arrival. The next morning, they did not put pressure on us to get out of the room as we were going to a wedding. The views from the hotel are fabulous. Customer service is understated but you feel welcome at the hotel. All I can say is GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the bay
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Donegalabu
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Stayed for a one night breakaway with my wife to recover from the Christmas mayhem and could not have found a better place!! From arrival we were greeted with such a warm welcome and one you really can only expect from a family run hotel. Our room was stunning, No. 28, with a picturesque seaview. It was spacious, comfortable and spotlessly clean. Despite being told the hotel was booked out, there wasn't a sound heard all night and we both enjoyed a sleep-filled night.
We ate in the restaurant which was really enjoyable. Paying €25 for a 4 course meal was not too good to be true as the food was of excellent taste. The breakfast was plentiful and of top quality also.
The service throughout from reception, dinner, bar and breakfast was outstanding and both my wife and I were quite taken aback by the efforts of all the staff in ensuring your standards were met but also leaving you enjoy a really relaxing meal.
We will definitely return in the Summer months to explore the Islands off Baltimore and stay for a few more nights on top!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank teeko50
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I'm usually not a fan of staying in independent hotels but I'm so glad I chose Casey's for a short stay this month. The receptionist was so friendly when I made the reservation I thought I was on to a winner and it didn't disappoint! We had a twin room with a double & single bed and it was really large and comfy, with a great view of the sea. The room was impeccably clean and the beds were really, really comfortable. There was plenty of tea/coffee/biscuits in the room aswell as complimentary freshly baked scones and tea on arrival and it was nice to see that local suppliers were used for the snacks and toiletries as they were in the restaurant.

And what a restaurant it is!! If you do nothing else in Baltimore other than sleep at Casey's please try the restaurant and bar. We had dinner (local seafood) and breakfast and both were some of the best I've had in a long long time. Breakfast had both continental and cooked options with cereals/breads/fruit/cheese/yoghurts and freshly squeezed orange juice (best I've had in a hotel - ever!) followed by a cooked-to-order menu for 12 euro. I travel quite a bit within Ireland for work and live out of a suitcase Monday-Friday, but Casey's has a really homely feel which makes a nice change from beige blandness that characterises chain hotels quite often.

There's loads of free parking and the hotel is a short stroll from Baltimore itself. I can't wait to stay again!

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper ask for a room away from the bar and beer garden as in Summer months t...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Myself and my boyfriend booked a spontaneous trip to Baltimore to welcome in the new year, as he is American and I'm Irish I wanted to show him the best of my home county, I could not have asked for more. All the staff we met were welcoming and informative. Casey's is a family run hotel, restaurant and much more. Nothing was a problem or a difficulty, so much so that we stayed a second night on the strength of their exceptional hospitality. The food was fantastic, with the origins of all the food products proudly displayed and locally sourced. Breakfast was superb, with the most delicious fruit scones I have ever tasted. Seafood lovers will adore their vast array of fish, including mussels from their own mussel farm. I must admit that as we have traveled throughout Ireland I am often embarrassed at the service that we locals accept, Ireland is known for its welcoming spirit but often it is severely lacking within the hospitality industry. I have been left red faced in some 5 star hotels by what I can only describe as rudeness. So with that in mind I am grateful to promote such a wonderful establishment, which truly displays a warm welcome and the best food our Island can offer. My boyfriends review (American perspective) is to follow.

Room Tip: We spent one night in the suites in the townhouse and one in the hotel itself. I must admit that the...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vondizzle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baltimore
6 mi away
#1 of 3 in Glengarriff
Channel View B&B
Channel View B&B
#2 of 12 in Baltimore

Been to Casey's of Baltimore, Hotel? Share your experiences!