The reservation program for this hotel does not give you any options to contact the hotel and find out exactly what the rooms are like. I booked 2 rooms (1 with 3 beds , 1 with 1 bed). We were given a couple of options by the front desk manager. Thankfully we did not have to take the rooms that were originally reserved. Ugh! Some areas havie long closed in hallways to rooms that make you feel like you are in a dormitory. They have long term residents that live here which may be a better use of this old house. .
We selected to stay in an added portion of the hotel which was an apartment with 2 huge bedrooms (6 Beds total) each with their own bathroom, a full kitchen and tv/family room in a large sun room setting, for the original rate of $45 Euros each. The TV was a 48" LCD with cable. Haven't watched TV in 10 days! It was nice! The towels were very small motel 6 type towels with little soaps. The shower was one of the best says my sister. I did not try it. . The beds were very tired and had saggy mattresses. The decor was very dated and who knows when the bedspreads had been replaced.
The people above us were moving furniture across the floor (wooden floors) for 2 hours...thankfully they stopped at 10pm.along with the church bells. Which ring every 1/2 hour until 10pm.
They have a Chinese Restaurant onsite. They were doing a killer take out business. We tested it with Fried Won Ton appetizers which seemed o.k. but for the main meal the quality of food was poor. One of the items, ribs with many different sauces was just ribs with some cold sauce of choice poured on them. The prawns had so much red sauce on them you couldn't even taste the prawn. Maybe in Ireland that was good Chinese...not for me. The chow mein was not edible.
The breakfast was tothing to write home about and there was only 1 other party having breakfast, except for a group of construction workers who lived there. They seemed to get pretty good service.
The bar has a good selection of beers and liquor. They do quite a business. Expensive tho.
The view was fantastic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just as its name indicates, the Bella Vista Hotel & Self Catering Suites offers a choice of accommodations: Whether you choose one of the traditional guest rooms or a more spacious apartment, you will be treated to excellent service and quality amenities.On the property are such world-class facilities as a gourmet restaurant with a lovely bar. complimentary WiFi Internet access and private parking also come standard at this holiday destination.These and other excellent perks are located in the heart of picture-perfect Cobh, County Cork. The peaceful harbor town is full of unique landmarks and acres of untouched majesty. The sights and sounds of the bustling town centre are a 3-minute walk away, and the residential street on which the hotel stands is tranquil. Here, guests are invited to let the cares of daily life slip away while they unwind in beauty and tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bella Vista Hotel & Self Catering Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bella Vista Hotel And Self Catering Suites
- Bella Vista Hotel & Self Catering Cobh