“Great Last Minute Find”
Review of WatersEdge Hotel

WatersEdge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cobh
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I had to travel to Cobh at short notice and found this little gem of a hotel. Only listed as a 3* I would give it a higher star rating than that. Fed up with hotel chains with the same monotonous corridors and bland decoration this hotel had great attention to detail. The room felt like I was staying in the best room in the house rather than just a hotel room. Excellent full Irish breakfast the following morning. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
watersedgeMGT, Director of Sales at WatersEdge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the WatersEdge Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us and thank you so much for such lovely comments. As a boutique hotel we try to set ourselves apart by offering our guests a "home away from home" experience so I am thrilled to see this reflected in your review. As all guest bedrooms were renovated at the start of this year it is wonderful to see such positive feedback.

I hope you both can return to us in the near future, and if I can be of any assistance in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me on 021-4815566.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed here for three nights in August of 2012; while traveling with some family in Ireland. We had three rooms; each with a window looking out onto the harbor. The hotel was located just a few minutes walk from the center of town and had a parking lot (car park) in the back, beneath the building. The rooms came with all the amenities of a nice modern hotel and the food at the hotel restaurant was nice.

If you care to play golf while there; the front desk can assist you with reserving tee times at the number of lovely local courses.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I am delighted you all enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind feedback. I am pleased to see you took advantage of Cobh Golf Course and Fota Golf Course during your stay - though I do recall you saying the course won!

We hope to see you all again in the near future, and if I can be of any assistance in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me on 021-4815566.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a most wonderful place to stay with views over the water! We watched a boatman haul in his traps and throw them out again. The host was friendly, breakfast was good, and the rooms were clean, and our room had a wonderful view of the water as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
watersedgeMGT, Director of Sales at WatersEdge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write you review of the WatersEdge on TripAdvisor.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us. The views from the harbour are indeed fantastic and our location really is great for relaxing and watching the world go by, so thank you for your kind feedback.

I hope you think of us once more should you wish to visit Cobh in the near future. If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me on 021-4815566.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

If you want a fabulous place to stay with fantastic views and excellent food then this is the place to stay when in Cobh. We couldn't rate the place highly enough...lovely friendly staff, excellent food and fantastic location!So sorry we couldn't stay for longer but we will be back soon!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the harbour...the views are fantastic!
1  Thank Ellen R

Dear Guest,

I was thrilled to see such lovely comments so thank you very much for your truely fantastic feedback. Hopefully you will be able to stay with us longer on your next visit to Cobh!

If I can be of any assistance in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me on 021-4815566.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stunning small old world hotel right on the waters edge.... We had a lovely big room with ample space for 2 Adults and 2 Kids. The staff were so friendly and willing to assist. We had a fabulous dinner overlooking the water and watched the sunset while the boats came and went. We arrived for Breakfast the following morning as they were turning the lights on. The breakfast was however out very quickly and absolutely delicious. A definate must for anyone going to Cobh.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SureTravel24-7

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write you review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted you and your family enjoyed your stay with us; it is fantastic to hear such lovely feedback on our bedrooms and our restaurant Jacobs Ladder.

I hope that you think of us once more should you wish to visit Cobh again in the near future, and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me on 021-4815566.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Excellent hotel on edge of harbour at the western end of Cobh town. Friendly staff & we had a recently redecorated room overlooking the bay. Trendy bathroom, comfy bed, comfortable room. Had dinner in the downstairs restaurant which offered a decent range of food & drinks after a day wandering around the quaint town & surrounds. Highly recommend this hotel.
Visit Connie Doolans bar & visit with Danny, the owner. He'll tell a bunch of excellent stories about the town. It is also full of Titanic info & news clippings etc if you like this sort of thing.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour side room. Views over the deck make it that much nicer.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nzkiwis_12

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us; you are correct that our bedrooms have been recently renovated so it is great to see such lovely feedback. Thank you also for your comments on Jacobs Ladder restaurant; it certainly is a great spot to relax after a day exploring the local area.

I hope that you might think of us once more should you wish to visit Cobh in the near future, and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me on 021-4815566.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This was a lovely hotel over looking the harbour.rooms were very clean and view was lovely looking across to other islands.found staff very friendly.some lovely local resturants around was reccomended a nice chinese locally and must say it was lovely.done the titanic mueseum and the exibition which were both near hotel.we done a train ride around the whole of cobh and learned some very interesting things about it including the famous irish runner Sonia o sullivanwho originally came from there.we also visited fota island which is for people of all ages.on a thursday night the shops in cork city are open and the train station is right beside the hotel that brings you in for two euro so we even managed shopping.all in all myself and my daughter had a ball and my daughter learned so much history on everything which was great education for her.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank miriamscanlon

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us; it sounds like you really took advantage of all there was to see and do in the area which is fantastic! There certainly is a whole host of entertaining and informative places to visit in Cobh, and we do indeed have our own claim to fame in the shape of Olympic Medallist Sonia O'Sulluvan!

I hope you can visit us again in the near future, and if I can be of any further assistance in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me on 021-4815566.

Sales & Marketing Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobh
Commodore Hotel
#3 of 4 in Cobh
Fota Island Resort
#1 of 1 in Fota Island
Montenotte
The Montenotte Hotel

Been to WatersEdge Hotel? Share your experiences!