“Great value, tasty food, fantastic service”

Harbour Browns Steakhouse.
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Cobh
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We went here for an early dinner, we got the early bird menu for 25euro. I had chicken wings, steak and a brownie and ice cream, all of which were amazing!! We all got plenty of food and left clean plates! My mum had a cold and the waiter brought her a hot port for free! It was so kind! He was very friendly and our food was brought out very quickly! Will definitely be going back again :)

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Finally a new restaurant in Cobh that is trying to get repeat business. Apart from The Waters Edge Hotel it is has been difficult to get quality food in this town. I reckon this is due to many establishments hitting the cruise liner day trippers with poor fare knowing they will never return anyway. WELL DONE HARBOUR BROWNS.
I really enjoyed your steaks but the bed of potato was dry and bland. However the desserts are superb, with the starters being the weakest course. Staff are pleasing while trying hard as they find their feet in this new enterprise. Clean toilets and warm setting with little competition suggest a certain successful future.

1  Thank HUNGRYANGLER2013
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Myself and my friend went here on a friday evening. We ended up ordering from the ealy bird menu . There was a great choice and 25e for 3 courses is a bargain especially for the top quality food and service we received. We both had steak and it was absolutely mouth- watering. The atmosphere was nice and relaxing. Can't wait to go back again.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We recently spent a few days in Cobh and tried this place on local suggestion. I never recommend a restaurant unless I am absolutely sure of it so I can see why it was easy to point us to here. It only opened a couple of months ago but it's word of mouth reputation has obviously pread already. We were a party of eight for dinner and so had a good selection of the fayre on offer, from steaks to stir fry, fish and chips to chicken. I didn't ask everyone individually but the consensus was that all thoroughly enjoyed their meal. On a personal note, my mushroom starter was superb and my steak outstanding. As regards the service, it was spot on. Friendly, professional and efficient and when I decided to change my order from fries to home made chips (having spotted them emerging from the kitchen for someone else) they didn't bat an eyelid, despite my request coming quite late. And boy was I glad as they were so good I asked how they were done.

Portions are a good size, I'm a big chap and it was all I could do to finish my meal, that said, I couldn't resist a dessert and thought it a brilliant idea that they offer a taster portion for those who are tempted but can't face the full monty. Both myself and my partner took advantage of it.

The decor is modern (the lights are, well, the highlight) it was busy but we didn't feel rushed and the spacing of the tables is such that you don't feel overcrowded. There is a nice buzz, enhanced by the choice of background music, which is eclectic, to say the least....

Two of us were heading up the country on our final day but popped in for lunch before leaving.

They offer a carvery and a lunch menu which had the place even busier than the evening we were in. My partner had the soup, which she really enjoyed, I sampled it and agreed it was very tasty. This and some soda bread was plenty for her, whereas I had the scampi, mainly because although I fancied the soup too, I really wanted one last portion of their chips!

We were in Ireland for a week and I have to say, this was the best place we ate in and I look forward to eating here again, the next time I'm in Cork.

2  Thank CelticSpur
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I can easily recommend this restaurant. Obviously from the name, they specialize in steak. Our party had three different steaks, all done differently, and all perfectly cooked. We also sampled the soup and a couple of appetizers, and all were winners. The location is fairly small, modern, and clean. The prices were good, and the staff friendly. I would go here again without thinking twice.

2  Thank VirginiaHavoc