Ardeen B&B
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$268
$222
$216
$410
$277
Cancelon
Agoda.com
Priceline
Fota Island Resort(Fota Island)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsone nightgreat viewlocal knowledgeplace to staycobh harbourtitanic experiencemy mothershort walknext morningcruise shiptracyhostpubscathedralirelandcorktown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My girlfriend and I stopped in Cobh on our first night during our visit to Ireland in late-August and we couldn't have been more pleased with our stay at the Ardeen B&B. We thoroughly enjoyed Aoibhinn's wonderful hospitality. The views were spectacular and our room was very comfortable. The location of this B&B is absolutely ideal for exploring and sightseeing in Cobh. We enjoyed meeting and conversing with a number of other guests over breakfast (which was superb).

We're already reminiscing fondly about this visit and about how fortunate we were that the Ardeen B&B was our first "port of call" in Ireland. My highest recommendation here.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
aoibhinnmcgee, Owner at Ardeen B&B, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Eoin
So happy that we could accommodate you on your first night on the Emerald Isle.
Thrilled you enjoyed your stay and I love when conversations start over breakfast.
Thank you very much for the recommendation and you would be more than welcome back anytime.
Take care

Reviewed October 15, 2012

What's the difference of a B&B and a hotel? The feeling as if you're staying at a friend's house, and that is the greatest charme of Ardeen B&B.
And of course the spectacular view over the habour.
Add really nice and clean room, super-comfy bed, yummy breakfast, a guest kitchen for the odd cuppa tea (or coffee), and a real living room - but most of all the warm welcome and the personal touch by the lovely owner! We'll come back, that's for sure!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
aoibhinnmcgee, Owner at Ardeen B&B, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Katja
Thanks a million for staying with us and writing a great review and really happy to hear you had a relaxing time - enjoyed our night out in Connie Doolans local pub.
Eventhough I have worked in hotels for many years now, there is a huge difference in the B&B and the hotel experience and I am so happy you got that.
Thanks again & see you soon in Berlin.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Thank you to Aoibhinn for making me feel so welcome, and for sharing this charming gorgeous house with million dollar views across the harbour. It is easy to find, being just 1 minute walk from the cathedral and 3 minutes from the town; parking was easy, right at your doorstep. Lovely to wake up to the cathedral bells, though very hard to get out the big comfy bed. Thank you most of all for being so nice and kind, for it is you that make the place so special. Wishing you all the best.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear anaussieabroad_12
Many thanks for staying with us here in Ardeen B&B Cobh Cork and I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay. Really enjoyed chatting about Australia & China to you with the other 2 australian girls that were here - really interesting.
Yes I do agree the house is very easy to find being in the brilliant location that we have beside the cathedral - sorry about the bells but they have toned them down a lot recently - I think it is very much part of Cobh and really adds to the atmosphere of this special town.
I love that you found the bed comfortable as that is so important for me to hear. I try to sleep in all the beds from time to time to get a customer perspective on things.
Thanks again & take care - enjoy your brother at Christmas and your parents next summer - would be lovely to see you again with them.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

The historic house is, of course, charming. But I have to admit that it was the hostress who makes the place warm and cosy.

I only spent one night at this place but I really felt welcomed. Thanks again for everything !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MayJoe

Dear MayJoe
Many thanks for your really nice review of Ardeen B&B - I enjoyed our chats about Switzerland.
This house is certainly historic with the passengers of emigrant ships staying here - no ghosts yet!! only myself.
I try my best to make guests feel at home especially single travellers and love to chat about the world outside Cobh and Ireland.
You are more than welcome anytime in the future and thanks for staying.
Regards

Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is a perfect location for exploring Cobh. Aoibhinn makes sure that you feel very much at home in this pretty terraced period house, and always makes time for a chat. The large guests' sitting room with open fire was a very nice feature. Our room had amazing views across Cork Harbour. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank PandMCarvill
aoibhinnmcgee, Owner at Ardeen B&B, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear PandMCarvill

Many thanks for your lovely review of Ardeen.
We do have a great location with the parking also just outside and the stunning cathedral on our doorstep.
Thank you so much for your lovely compliments about the house and myself. Maybe I spend too much time chatting sometimes. Siofra my daughter really enjoyed you guys - thank you for being lovely to her.
Please do come back anytime - would love to have you back soon.
Take care and it was absolutely lovely to meet you both.