“30th Anniversary Homerun”

Ranked #7 of 34 Restaurants in Cobh
Cuisines: European, Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Jacobs Ladder Restaurant at the WatersEdge Hotel is a bistro style venue that serves lunch from 12 - 5pm daily and evening meals from 5pm - 9pm daily. Early Bird menus are also available from 5pm - 7pm*Jacobs Ladder also features a large balcony overlooking the breath-taking scenery of Cobh Harbour. During the summer months the cruise liners also draw into Cobh adjacent to the hotel, where you can enjoy unrivaled views of these ships coming in to berth. Family events such as Communions, Confirmations, Christenings, Weddings and Civil Ceremonies can also be catered for in Jacobs Ladder. Service times are subject to change from season to season.
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife and I celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary with a trip to Ireland but very few specific plans there. Fortunately, we came upon the Water's Edge Hotel and Jacob's Ladder restaurant. We stayed 2 days at the hotel and therefore had two wonderful breakfasts and two delicious dinners at Jacob's Ladder. Our 1st night I had Haddock while JoAnn had a very good Chicken entree. The following night I ordered Stuffed Pork while she had Fish 'n Chips. Every bite of each meal was fabulous, reasonably priced and prepared to perfection. I was also able to re-propose in a very romantic setting of an intimate candle lit table overlooking the beautiful harbor with Sinatra music in the background. The staff of both the hotel and restaurant is professional, courteous, and genuinely friendly and helpful. We have nothing but great memories of our time and our meals there.

1  Thank TFirch
watersedgeMGT, Director of Sales at Jacobs Ladder Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our restaurant Jacobs Ladder on TripAdvisor.

I am thrilled to see you both enjoyed your experience and thank you for such lovely feedback. May I also take this opportunity to congratulate you both on your Wedding Anniversary - I am thrilled we were able to make it a memorable evening for you both.

Hopefully we will see you again in the near future, and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me on 021-4815566.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My partner and I stayed in the hotel for 3 nights with breakfast included. On the first night we decided to have our meal in the restaurant.... what a good decision.....I had the steak and it was out of this world one of the best I have tasted and my partner had the duck starter as she was not feeling hungry and promptly ate it all. The third night my partner had the steak and I had the beer battered cod yet again cooked to perfection.
The view from the restaurant was magical and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. Overall a brilliant experience and highly recommended

watersedgeMGT, Director of Sales at Jacobs Ladder Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of Jacobs Ladder on TripAdvisor.

I am thrilled you and your partner enjoyed your stay, and your experience in our restaurant. Our chefs put great effort into the quality and preparation of our dishes so I am delighted to see this reflected in your review. Thank you also for your kind comments on our team here, and rest assured I will pass your feedback on to them.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future, and if I can be of any assistance in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me on 021-4815566.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Food very tasty and good value for money. Breakfast service was a bit on the slow side but hen the food came it was excellant

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Jacobs Ladder Restaurant on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted you enjoyed your experience and thank you for your feedback. I am sorry the service was not faster on the day, however I hope you can visit us once more in the near future. If I can be of any assistance in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me on 021-4815566.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were a party of 4 eating dinner, one of the party members had booked the restaurant in person and requested a window table, which we were given. Would definitely recommend having a window table as the view is great - looking out to Spike Island, and lovely watching the lights come on in the distance. The restaurant is modern with comfortable chairs and a friendly atmosphere. We ordered steaks for two in our party, fish and chips and a chicken dish. All were excellent and well cooked, large portions and piping hot. The staff were very pleasant and they came out with a birthday cake (which had been taken there earlier in the day) and lit candles and sang happy birthday to my husband - in fact the whole restaurant sang happy birthday. Very obliging of the staff. Would love to eat here again.

watersedgeMGT, Director of Sales at Jacobs Ladder Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our restaurant on TripAdvisor.

I am thrilled to see you all enjoyed your experience in Jacobs Ladder, and thank you for your kind comments regarding the team here. The views from the restaurant are indeed fantastic and we are so fortunate in our location. Thank you also for your feedback on our menu- our chefs put great effort into the preparation of our dishes so it is great to see this reflected in your review.

I hope your husband enjoyed his birthday, and hopefully you might return to us the next time you have a family celebration, or indeed just for a spot of lunch or dinner! If I can be of any assistance in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me on 021-4815566.

Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

While staying in the Watersedge we reserved a table in this restaurant for a meal as a treat. My boyfriend & I were given a beautiful table with sea views & candles lit. Very romantic.
The menu has great choices & staff were initially very helpful.
Food is beautiful. From presentation to taste we were not disappointed.
The restaurant however was full that night. After a table of 8 arrived unfortunately we were forgotten about & sat for 30 minutes with empty plates waiting on a waiter/waitress to give us a dessert menu & get drinks. It did annoy us & kinda ruined our experience as the 3 staff just kept walking by the table ignoring us. People who started their meal after us were served & left before we even got a dessert menu.
Overall the food is amazing.. Just their service could improve.

watersedgeMGT, Director of Sales at Jacobs Ladder Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Jacobs Ladder at the WatersEdge.

I was delighted to see you enjoyed your meal and that you found the ambience so romantic. I am disappointed to see this did not continue throughout the evening so my sincere apologies for this. I have spoken with our team here regarding your feedback as it is very important to us. Let me assure you that this is most certainly an isolated incident and not the norm, however I am sorry that you were let down on this occasion.

I hope that you will think of us once more if you are in Cobh in the future so we can give you a second, and much better, impression. If I can be of any assistance in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me on 021-4815566.