“You must eat here!”

Ranked #8 of 36 Restaurants in Cobh
Cuisines: European, Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Jacobs Ladder Restaurant at the WatersEdge Hotel is a bistro style venue that serves lunch from 12 - 5pm daily and evening meals from 5pm - 9pm daily. Early Bird menus are also available from 5pm - 7pm*Jacobs Ladder also features a large balcony overlooking the breath-taking scenery of Cobh Harbour. During the summer months the cruise liners also draw into Cobh adjacent to the hotel, where you can enjoy unrivaled views of these ships coming in to berth. Family events such as Communions, Confirmations, Christenings, Weddings and Civil Ceremonies can also be catered for in Jacobs Ladder. Service times are subject to change from season to season.
Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

While staying in the Watersedge we reserved a table in this restaurant for a meal as a treat. My boyfriend & I were given a beautiful table with sea views & candles lit. Very romantic.
The menu has great choices & staff were initially very helpful.
Food is beautiful. From presentation to taste we were not disappointed.
The restaurant however was full that night. After a table of 8 arrived unfortunately we were forgotten about & sat for 30 minutes with empty plates waiting on a waiter/waitress to give us a dessert menu & get drinks. It did annoy us & kinda ruined our experience as the 3 staff just kept walking by the table ignoring us. People who started their meal after us were served & left before we even got a dessert menu.
Overall the food is amazing.. Just their service could improve.

watersedgeMGT, Director of Sales at Jacobs Ladder Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Jacobs Ladder at the WatersEdge.

I was delighted to see you enjoyed your meal and that you found the ambience so romantic. I am disappointed to see this did not continue throughout the evening so my sincere apologies for this. I have spoken with our team here regarding your feedback as it is very important to us. Let me assure you that this is most certainly an isolated incident and not the norm, however I am sorry that you were let down on this occasion.

I hope that you will think of us once more if you are in Cobh in the future so we can give you a second, and much better, impression. If I can be of any assistance in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me on 021-4815566.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We ate twice in the Jacob's Ladder over the weekend and both times were very pleased with our choices. We enjoyed seafood tapas, beer battered fish and chips, seafood linguine and salted beef and cheese open sandwich. Service was excellent, the staff were very pleasant and helpful and the food was delicious and competitively priced. We would recommend our experience of this restaurant. Thank you.
William and Naomi, Tipperary

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review of Jacobs Ladder at the WatersEdge.

I was thrilled to see such wonderful comments on our restaurant; our chefs put great effort into the preparation of our dishes so I am delighted this is reflected in your review. We hope to see you back again soon, and if I can be of any further assistance in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me on 021-4815566.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Nice location and very pleasent atmosphere at hotel. Staff was very helful and breafast was great!
Food was okay for a vegitarian choice. Thanks.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write you review of Jacobs Ladder at the WatersEdge.

It is great to hear such lovely comments on the restaurant so thank you so much for your feedback.

Hopefully we will see you back again soon, and if I can be of any assistance in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me on 021-4815566.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

The Restaurant is always a delightful experience. The food and Service are very good!
I have breakfasted and dined there on probably some 10 occasions, and have not been ever disappointed.,

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Jacobs Ladder at the WatersEdge on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to see such lovely feedback on our restaurant, and may I also thank you for coming back to us time and time again - we most certainly appreciate your custom!

We hope to see you back again soon, and if I can be of any assistance in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me on 021-4815566.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

The Restaurant is part of the Waters Edge Hotel and is ideally located near the railway station which houses the Cobh Heritage Centre, alongside the deep water Liner berth and next to the town centre. The service is great, the staff are friendly and the food is excellent. I had Cod for my main course and it tasted fantastic as if it had just jumped from the sea to my plate.

watersedgeMGT, Director of Sales at Jacobs Ladder Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Jacobs Ladder Restaurant.

I am delighted you enjoyed your experience and thank you for your kind feedback on the quality of our dishes and the team here.

We hope to welcome you back to the WatersEdge Hotel in the near future, and if I can be of any assistance in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me on 021 4815566.