“The Very Best Experience in Ireland!!”
Review of Elmville House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cobh
Elmville House
Ranked #2 of 13 Cobh B&B and Inns
Lincoln, Nebraska
“The Very Best Experience in Ireland!!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Oh my dear Olive! I've decided I want to name my next child after her I love this woman so much :). My stay here at Elmville fulfilled all my hopes and was the most delightful, beautiful end to my trip to Ireland. She's sincere and spunky and truly enjoys opening up her lovely home. Really you feel like royalty and are treated as such. This woman is pure gold and I felt that we were instant best friends. She's so accomadating and interested in you having a terrific experience in her village. I really loved Dingle too, Cork not so much (at all!), and Cobh was one of my favorites. What a colorful, beautiful town with some of the best food and the Roaring Donkey pub was just an awesome atmosphere with trad music. We even saw Olive there :) and everyone in that pub knew her well! This town is the real Irish deal and I loved the church in the center too. Olive I love you dearly and will forever be grateful for our stay in your gorgeous home. Thanks so much for being you, and I DO plan on coming back with my family when all my kids are older :). I cherish that short time I had with you and in Cobh. This is the place!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Gipf-Oberfrick, Aargau, Switzerland
Reviewed September 8, 2013

It was very beautiful there...Olive is so beautiful...she love her job! you can see it...Her home look like a castel and you think you are a princesse...if I go return du Irland I will visite she again...Olive thank you for your host...I neever will forghet you...!!! big hug from Switzerland...Nadine

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet...the best place for relaxing...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Denver
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Our hostess, Olive, extends herself far beyond the norm. It is clear she has a passion for giving her guests the total Irish vacation experience. We slept comfortably and soundly as a cool breeze off the harbor flowed through the windows. Olive took us to a great pub for trad. music. She serves an abundant & delicious breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Hikesleepeat
Dundalk Ireland
Reviewed August 4, 2013

As soon as you drive into the driveway you are met by a beautiful view of the old Victorian house. Olive was there to greet us and was very friendly. The room we had was large and the en suite was large as well plenty of hot water and good pressure in the shower. Breakfast was very good and Olive had a bright smile on her face to greet us each morning. Its a 5 - 10 min stroll into Cobh from the B&B

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter D
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We were fortunate to happen upon this period residence while on a recent cycle trip. We had a lovely bright, quiet double room on the ground floor. We enjoyed a welcome cup of coffee in the residents' lounge on arrival. The delicious cooked breakfast was served in the beautifully restored drawing room. Olive was very welcoming and offered great recommendations for our evening meal. There was a safe storage area for our bikes just outside our room. The location of the house is ideal and just a short quayside walk to the town centre.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Declan O
Cheshire, UK
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We arrived at 7 pm after a days drive to be advised the guests due to vacant our room had decided to stay on and the only available room had no en-suite. We had use of a bathroom, but had to walk past the tv lounge, which was fully used, round the corner past other guest rooms and down a short corridor. She was apologetic but we had no choice but to accept. We had a nice stay, the room was perfectly clean, coffee was available to in tv lounge, not in your room. Breakfast was served in a beautiful dining room around a large period table, eggs very well cooked. Cobh is a lovely little town overlooking the bay and the train station was 20 mins into Cork.We didnt use the car and safe parking was good. Olive is a good hostess, and as we came to pay our bill she didnt charge us the full amount as we graciously accepted the fact that we didnt have en-suite, which had we known we would not have booked. That apart I would recommend it. The guests rooms are situated in the basement with no sea views, a pity!

Room Tip: There is one room without ensuite and the bathroom is not next door - especially n the middle of t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheRileysCheshire
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was a superb B&B. The rooms were immaculate, breakfast was served in a beautiful Victorian dining room, and Olive was an immensely hospitable hostess who looked after all her guests with great care. There is off-road parking and a lounge with tea, coffee and biscuits. I would stay here again as a first choice.
Angela C

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Angela2019
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobh
WatersEdge Hotel
Douglas
Maryborough Hotel & Spa
Jurys Inn Cork
#9 of 23 in Cork

Been to Elmville House? Share your experiences!