“Completely relaxing and enjoyably”

Robin Hill Guesthouse
Ranked #4 of 14 Cobh B&B and Inns
Craughwell, Ireland
“Completely relaxing and enjoyably”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed only one night but wished we stayed a week. Really relaxing and the service was top notch and our son who is only 22 months old had a ball, we will defently be back. Paul & Hayley, Galway

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank PMG1978

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Korean first
Lincoln, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Every time I go on holidays I always browse through trip advisor to see what others thought of the place I intend staying at and I always tell myself that I will write my own review as soon as I return but I never do. Until now. Its only fair as I use trip advisor a lot and I need to contribute to it also. I only checked out of there yesterday morning and am currently in Killarney for a 2 nights stay. I had such a lovely 5 nights stay that I had to write a review. Plus I told the owner Deirdre that I would and I am a woman of my word. The reason I chose this place is because I have heard so many great things about Cobh from googling on the net that I had to see it for myself. And I wasnt disappointed. Cobh is a lovely town and its definately a place I will go back to. The guesthouse my husband and I stayed in at Robin Hill was very cosy. It had everything that we needed including a little decking area to sit out and enjoy a glass of wine in the evening. We were served Breakfast each morning which was very tasty but the hospitality that the owner showed us made us feel like we were staying at a 5* guesthouse. She simply could not do enough for us. We treated ourselves to a few treatments including a thai massage which was the most relaxing massage I have ever had.

I would highly recommend this place if you are looking for a place to stay that is value for money and that has the personal touch!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank gl0baltraveller2011
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed June 28, 2011

My husband and I came to stay in the Robin Hill Cabin for a mini retreat away from work and stress. When we rang to enquire, The office staff was so warm and helpful! They tailored a retreat package to fit our needs perfectly! When we arrived we were warmly greeted by the owner Dierdre. The cabin was cute and clean...they even had the candles lighting and a complementary bottle of wine for us. We settled in and found that they even stocked the kitchen with fresh fruit, bottled water and fresh milk for tea! The first morning we had a lovely lazy breakfast that we ate at a patio table in the garden with a view of the harbour! Gorgeous! Ger had an acupuncture appointment while I had a facial! We strolled along the boardwalk into the town where we had lunch at Jacobs Ladder (Incredible Chowder). There was a cruise liner in port and a festival in the park! Fabulous day in Cobh! That evening we both had massages scheduled to relax after our tough day in the sun. I had a aromatherapy massage and Ger had a Deep tissue massage. I know the two of us can say... they were the best massages we've ever had! Just as we got back to the cabin, Deirdre came over with freshly made Carrot Cake! My favorite! The day couldn't get better than this! Everyone was so warm and hospitable! I would definitely recommend this to any couple or person who just wants a peaceful break away from it all. Robin Hill is a true gem.

Room Tip: Perfect relaxing retreat for one or two!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ger-Tia
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed August 1, 2010

My partner and I needed a few days away to de-stress and spend some alone time together. I felt bad as I complained the whole way to Cork about having to go, but I left Robin Hill in Cobh feeling so relaxed and happy in our relationship. Sinead and I both love golf and Robin Hill is located less than 5 minutes from Cobh Golf Club. There are many good restaurants and pubs in Cobh, and live music also, which was great craic. Sinead availed of a number of spa treatments while there, and I even managed to get a massage which Sinead had pre-booked for me as a surprise before we got there.
The room we stayed in was overlooking Cork Harbour and was very large and beautifully decorated. It was also extremely quiet. With the hectic pace of our work lives had lead to major stresses in our relationship and this weekend away was just what we needed to reintroduce passion into our relationship.
The owner of Robin Hill could not have been nicer to us and she was very understanding to our needs. Our stay was excellent value and a lot less than I had anticipated. Probably the first trip I returned home from with money in the pocket! It was extremely clean, very beautiful gardens and close to all amenities. I would recommend Robin Hill to anyone who wants relaxation or to put a bit of spice back into their relationship. Maybe we were lucky, but at Robin Hill, we got both!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Happycamper186621
Essex
Reviewed October 18, 2009

I stayed here in the Robin Hill Clinic in Cobh last month, August 2009 with a friend. We needed to get away for a bit of pamering and a friend of Annes recommended this place. What can I say, it was brilliant. We also stayed in the outdoor lodge and took in a few treatments whilst we were there. Very resonably priced and would come back any time I needed a bit of down time. The lodge itself was nice and cosy and the staff of Robin Hill couldnt do enough for us. Ive stayed in a few hotels in Cobh before which were overpriced and I just felt like another number. The Robin Hill Clinic was quite the opposite and I felt like a valued customer right througout our stay. Cobh is also a lovely Cork town and the people there are very friendly.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank worldtravellerUK5
cork
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Stayed in the Robin Hill Clinic in Cobh for 4 nights in April 2009. I cannot fault the place. The owner, Deirdre I think her name is, was so accomodating to my wife and I. We stayed in the outside guesthouse which was around 40 euros a night each inc. breakfast which was yummy. We got a bit of pamering with a few treatments in the clinic and came away like we were on cloud 9. Would definately go back.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sportycorkguy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobh
WatersEdge Hotel
The River Lee
#2 of 23 in Cork
Douglas
Maryborough Hotel & Spa

Been to Robin Hill Guesthouse? Share your experiences!