“Very Good Restaurant Choice with a beautiful view”

The Quays Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Cobh
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Seafood, European
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Orrington, Maine
“Very Good Restaurant Choice with a beautiful view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

We asked a local where to eat and this was one of the suggestions and we were very pleased. The weather was beautiful for April so we sat outside and enjoyed the view of the harbor. I chose a special, Beef and Guiness Pie encased in a nice flaky crust. It was quite yummy. The service was very nice and we all enjoyed our menu choices.

• Visited April 2014

Cork, Cork, Ireland
“Frozen chips - really?!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I used to be a relatively regular customer here, the words to focus on in the first part of the sentence are 'used to be'. Ordered a burger but it came with frozen chips - I could have rustled that up myself at home! Not impressed and will not be coming back!

Cork
“Reasonable food and great quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

I recently went back to the Quays for a meal and the food and service was very good. It was pretty quite but it was off season.

• Visited April 2014
long island, ny
“Small bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Off season so not much going on. They should clean up behind bar, very messy. View nice, bartender did not say much, could be more engaging.

Visited March 2014
Webster, Wisconsin
“Best lunch I've had in a long time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband, daughter (20) and I stopped at The Quay yesterday for lunch - what a lucky find! We were seated in a heated outdoor patio area with an amazing view of the water. It was difficult to choose from the menu options as everything sounded so good. I finally chose the soup and sandwich - I really can't put into words how delicious a simple bowl of vegetable soup and beef sandwich was, but it was really the best lunch I've had in a long time! I really wasn't that hungry when we stopped but I ate every bite - and the portions were very generous, especially given the reasonable price. My husband had a seafood pasta and my daughter had a chicken sandwich and they were very happy with their meals as well. We also split an order of Fire Fries which I highly recommend! I've never met a potato I didn't like but these were SO good I think I could have made a meal of them! As is so often the case with the really good places, the owner - Noel, was onsite and a pleasure to chat with. Although we sat on the patio, the inside was beautiful too with beautiful wood floors and trim and a cozy fire in the fireplace. Great food, a great view, and a cold pint - what could be better!

Visited November 2013