“Comfortable B&B in a good location”
Review of Cottage Heights

Cottage Heights
Cottage Heights
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Comfortable B&B in a good location”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed here for one night whilst touring Ireland. The room was comfortable and clean and the view over the harbour was amazing. The breakfast compared to other B&Bs we stayed at during our trip was quite poor both in terms of options and quality. We also had to wait for 20 minutes when we arrived at the B&B (at the time specified) as there was no-one to let us in.

We had an evening meal at the B&B which also doubles as the 'Cottage Heights Restaurant' - the seafood was very nice although in hindsight potentially a little on the expensive side. It may be worth exploring local options in Castletownbere.

Tim and Mary were both friendly and really helped us out when we unfortunately had a puncture, arranging to have the local garage come and repair it for us.

If you are staying at Cottage Heights I would also highly recommend McCarthy's Bar in the centre of the town.

Overall, a comfortable B&B in a good location that was unfortunately let down for us by an uninspired breakfast menu.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a 'Sea View'
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dean H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Ansley
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We, a group of five stayed there last week, arrived late in the day. They made every effort and provided us with clean and comfortable accomodations. We are not exagerating when we say that the food was the best we had in Ireland. We highly recommend them.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank likrman
Aurora, Colorado, United States
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed at Cottage Heights for one night with relatives and we had a very pleasant stay. The B&B was wonderful and the rooms where clean and we had a wonderful view of the harbour. The food was excellent for both dinner and breakfast. Mary and Tim are great host and hostess and very welcoming and friendly. We enjoyed going down to the Millbrook Pub. We will be returning on our next trip to Ireland.

Room Tip: Rm 4 has a door to the outside and view of the harbour
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Burt W
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My partner and I stay at Cottage Heights every time we visit the Beara Peninsula. Cottage Heights is a charming B&B which has spectacular views of Bere Island and Castletownbere Harbour. Mary and Tim are very welcoming hosts and go out of their way to ensure that our stay is always enjoyable. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and most importantly they are spotless. There is also a restaurant at Cottage Heights. The menu is reasonably priced and there is a choice between a set early-bird menu or the A-la-carte menu. There is great choice in the menu. The food is delicious with very satisifying portion sizes. There is also an excellent choice of wines. The service is very efficient and friendly. For those looking for a relaxing and welcoming atmosphere with great food, reasonable prices and breathtaking views, Cottage Heights is the place to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Marie648
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We stayed at Cottage Heights for 3nights. Had a v pleasant stay. Both our rooms were spacious, v clean, and well supplied with extra bedlinen and towels.My room had a lovely harbour view. The restaurant was cosy and inviting,& had choice of vegetarian dishes which I was v happy with. Theres plenty on site parking.The location was perfect,it's v quiet and peaceful and just a ten minute walk from the town.The owner was v friendly and helpful and made us feel so welcome.I would definitely recomend this B+B

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ange11941
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I stayed at Cottage Heights recently. It was fully booked while I was there,which is always a good sign. During dinner one evening I got chatting with a couple who told me every time they visit West Cork they stay there as they are guaranteed excellent service and food each time. I also had a v enjoyable stay , my room and bathroom were spotless. I dined at the restaurant afew evenings+was impressed by the varied selection the menu had to offer-something to suit everyone+plenty of it! Mary, the owner, was extremely hospitable and went out of her way to give me tips on places to go to make the most of my trip. Would definitely stay here if I travel to Castletownbere again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Oufa_A
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I don't think they stayed at the same place I stayed. I was there with a Bike Tour group. Two lousy nights on beds that felt like box springs. Cob webs in the hall way and a shower that didn't drain, so it was dirty when I got there. The food was margninal...and the owner, Mary, seemed impositioned with the smallest of requests. The only time she seemed interested was when it was time to pay the tab. And did I mention the sewage draining across the driveway?

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Shiobhan K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castletownbere
Beara Coast Hotel
Island View House
#3 of 8 in Castletownbere
Beach View Bed & Breakfast
Hungry Hill Lodge and Campsite

Been to Cottage Heights? Share your experiences!