“Delicious meal!”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had a great evening at the restaurant. The selection of meals with fresh fish is fantastic. We took two meals and both have been absolutely delicious!
Also the wine selection is great and the owner will have a good suggestion which one will fit to the meal.

Absolute advisable!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We decided not to go on the ring of Kerry. Instead the Beara Peninsula. After driving up and over Healey's Pass we needed a rest and a drink. Our B & B owner told us about Murphy's. Sitting at the bar my wife & I ordered a Guiness & Pea Soup. Ahhhhhhhh. a perfect poured dark beauty coupled with the green of the Irish countryside. Perfect! From behind an old woman with a wondrous Irish lilt called out...Where you from? I replied, the Bronx. What parish she asked? St. Barnabas. Next thing you know she's telling us about her daughter who lives up the block from the church, asking me if I ever went to the River's Edge Restaurant on Webster Ave [my old stomping grounds]. It was old home week 5000 miles from home. Next thing you know John [whoever he was] joined us in a photo that now is framed with many of our other trips' snap shots. Murphy's a little bit of heaven mixed with a little bit of home. A do not miss.........

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We read the Irish Times "Best Vacation Spot in Ireland" series and the journalist wrote that the fish served at Murphy's have walked in from the sea next door and said hello ... that was our experience as we ordered the Seafood Platter ... wonderful. Better still were the scones John Murphy sent us traveling with the next day. I HAD to ask John for the recipe (and he provided it). Best of all was the conversation with John and the walking/hiking advice he gave for his favourite Beara Peninsula walk, which we took. A great experience.

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

In fairness to the quiet atmosphere aspect it was easter friday and ireland is a dead duck anywhere on that particular day. At least they were open and willing to feed some late arrivals. A throw back to the 70's or 80's on the food front which almost made me nostalgic in a prawn cocktail blue nun sort of way....Some of you will know what i mean by that. The food was grand but nothing to rave about. We were satisfied upon leaving and it did not damage the finances too much so no complaints. Not for the food critics or gourmet lovers but grand for everyone else looking for fair value, me included. Service was good.

2  Thank IL_TIPO_69
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Personal, clean with prompt service: excellent fresh fish and a good price. Highly recommended. I noticed it was full with locals eating as well.