“Stay at Maritime Hotel, Bantry, Cork, Ireland.”
Review of Maritime Hotel

Maritime Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bantry
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 4, 2013

It is probably the best place to stay in Bantry. The view is stunning and ever changing with the weather, the sea, the ships and birds. relatively quite and good parking for the car. The food in the restaurants is good and Breakfast unmatched.

Room Tip: Take the sea side rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Tanzie1952

Thank you for such a lovely Tripadvisor rating and comment about your recent stay with us at the Maritime Hotel. Obviously the changing views got to you. I am always in awe of the same and continue posting them on our pages which always get comment. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will return soon.

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,242)

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bed-roomed suite with 2 adults and 2 teenagers. There was ample room and the view overlooked the sea. The hotel is in an ideal location and within walking distance to shops/bars/restaurants and ferry to Whiddy Island. Staff were friendly and helpful. Free car park is just across the road. We went for a family wedding and the function room was lovely with beautiful views. Within the hotel there are lots of individual library/lounge areas for lounging on comfy sofas. The bar is open till late and the lunch time meals were big and tasty. Good value for money. Didn't use the spa/pool so cannot comment. Breakfast fine. Very flexible to accommodate guests who turn up after the official breakfast opening times. Would love to go back.

Room Tip: We stayed on second floor, rooms 219 and 220. Make sure you get sea view rooms with balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Ingrid252525

Thank you for your very kind review posted on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us at The Maritime. I am delighted with your comments, most particularly about the staff and their friendliness. I am glad that you had such an enjoyable stay with us while at the wedding, that you have recommended us, and we hope that you will return in the not too distant future.

I will be passing your review out to all the team and I am sure they will be as pleased as I am.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed in the maritime hotel with an ulsterbus coach tour. my sister was on a visit from Canada and both of us thought the hotel was excellent. Our twin room was large and very comfortable.We would have loved a room overlooking Bantry Bay but that did not spoil our stay in a very hospitable hotel.The staff were very friendly and nothing was a bother to them. We were booked on a half board basis with the tour and we found both breakfast and dinner good.The public areas of the hotel were always clean and bright and we would recommend this hotel and any ulsterbus tours as they always choose good hotels.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the bay if you don't mind a bit of traffic noise in the morning.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear maureen c

Thank you for the very kind review you posted on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us at the Maritime Hotel. Your comments regard the team here are most welcome and will be passed on. I can assure you that your praise for Ulsterbus is most welcome as they do tend to choose good properties and have excellent tours.

Operatioons Manager

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed here in July for part of the West Cork Literary Festival. The hotel was a perfect venue for many of the festival's events, with rooms for audiences of different numbers. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The bar was lively and it took a while to get served but the food service was prompt, prices reasonable and the dishes delicious. The bedroom was large, with a lovely bathroom and good air-conditioning which was very useful as the weather was very warm. The hotel is in a great location on the quay, with an underground car-park. The entrance to the car park is not where you would expect - it is on the other side of the road to the hotel, where you might think there is just water.
I very much enjoyed my stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Margaret58

Thank you for your kind Tripadvisor review about your stay with us in the Maritime hotel for the West Cork Literary Festival. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience both of the hotel and the festival.

I was particularly pleased with your comments regarding the promptness of service and the friendliness of the staff. I will be passing your comments on to all the team and I'm sure they will get as much satisfaction as I did from them.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed in the maritime recently for a weekend night with my girlfriend. A very nice hotel overall, modern but lacking a small bit of finesse at certain areas. There was a beauty pageant in the hotel on the night we stayed but thankfully noise wasnt a problem. Breakfast was nice with a good selection, very friendly staff in the dining room and leisure facilities, rooms were clean and bathrooms slick, good entertainment options on the television.

The only down side of this trip was a member of the reception staff who was abrupt, rude, unfriendly and not very thankful at times when we spoke to her in person or telephone. Put a damp mood on our stay as all other staff were extremely kind, happy, welcoming and friendly.

Other than this i'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Crowsey

Thank you for your comments recently posted on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us at the Maritime Hotel. I was delighted that for the main part you found the staff kind, happy, friendly & welcoming. I will be passing all your comments on to the team and will encourage all staff to live up to the expectations that most have set.

Yours sincerely

operations Manager

Reviewed August 27, 2013

While the hotel could do with a little upgrading of furniture, this is a really nice place to stay - the breakfast is fantastic, and the staff are really friendly. The leisure centre has a swimming pool, steam room, sauna and gym. We stayed in a suite which was very large and comfortable, but this is where the furniture is showing a bit of wear. However, this is our hotel of choice when we are looking for somewhere to stay in South West Ireland and I am sure that we will return again.

Room Tip: Groups of four should ask for a suite

Dear BilliR

Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us in the Maritime Hotel. I am delighted that you were so pleased with your stay and that nearly everything was to your satisfaction. I was particularly pleased with your comments on the friendliness of the staff and will be passing them on to the team here who will be as happy as I am.

Taking in your furnishings comment we have an ongoing renovation of same and without emptying the hotel we can only do this bit by bit! we are getting through it though...

Again thanks for your review and delighted to see we are your choice for the southwest!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed two nights at the end of August at this hotel which is just at the edge of the Town of Bantry. Less that 5mins walk into the center of the town. Excellent choice for Breakfast with both a buffet and hot dishes which you can order. Staff very friendly and helpful. Ate in one night and the set dinner was excellent value and good size portions. There is a busy bar in the hotel with nightly entertainment, spanish guitarist one night and band the second. Only complaint is the car park does not lead directly into the hotel but thats just nit picking! Good location and good hotel I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter as they face into the driveway for Bantry House.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank DublinMcd
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear DublinMcd

Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay with us at the Maritime which you posted on Tripadvisor. I am particularly pleased with your comments regarding the staff being friendly and helpful as this is the greatest charm that Irish hospitality has to offer. I will be passing your comments on to the team here and I'm afraid there is little we can do about the small lift issue you raised from the Car Park!

Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bantry
Westlodge Hotel
3 mi away
Seaview House Hotel
Seaview House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ballylickey

Been to Maritime Hotel? Share your experiences!