“Enjoyed it!!”

Maritime Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bantry
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I loved the look of this hotel from their website and to be honest I wasn't disappointed, The decor was lovely. Very modern and funky. I asked for a room with sea views and it's exactly what I got. Even if it was a bit of a trek to the bedrooms!
The receptionist when we booked in was lovely and friendly. The leisure center is very nice and the lads that work there very helpful and friendly. We make the most of the pool while there.
The bar is also very nice and had live music on both nights. Breakfast was fab and the staff excellent.
My only complaints and these are quiet minor and I didn't have the guts to lift the phone and complain at the time.
Firstly the beds were two singles pushed together, which makes it uncomfortable to snuggle!
The shower wasn't the greatest, really weak.
Also the room was very very hot it was muggy weather.... and I was going to request a fan but alas I didn't!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room don't request a sea view. The traffic noise is almost constant.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear weddinguest365

Thank you very much for your recent review posted on Tripadvisor. I am always delighted with an honest appraisal of the property and yours is most welcome. I am delighted that you found the Staff so pleasant, the service so good and overall your stay enjoyable.

For the minor issues you raised I am sorry you didn't phone down for a room fan as we do have them in housekeeping on reserve and with so many south-west facing rooms looking out over Bantry Bay they can get a bit warm in the evenings, when we do get the good sunsets! The Showers are not full Power Showers as we have a Green Rating on the property and while harvesting water for use in the property we are also required to conserve usage and therefore try to have a natural flow on the bathwater.

Anyway When next with us I would encourage you to contact Reception where we will make every effort to satisfy you 100%

My thanks again

There are newer reviews for Maritime Hotel

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Saturday I attended a wedding at he maritime, the food was just incredible, service was great and overall the staff were so helpful. Rooms for two were great, really spacious, breakfast was great as well. Definitely worth considering for a wedding venue or else a weekend break.

Room Tip: Request a balcony with a view of the sea.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear JazzK32

Thank you for the Kind review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us for a wedding reception. It is wonderful to see the power of modern media that we can have reviews coming from so far afield.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and i will be passing your comments on to the team here who will be as pleased as I am.

Again my thanks

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed in the Maritime Hotel in Bantry for one night mid week. The staff were very friendly especially the staff at reception and checked in with no problems and gave us clear and concise directions to the room. The room itself was very clean and extremely spacious with lovely décor. As it was a suite, there was a separate living room area with a couch, fridge, toaster, microwave, sink and an entrance to the balcony over looking the bay. The bedroom had a very comfortable bed with plenty of towels, blankets etc including a list of things to do whilst staying in Bantry, which was very useful. Breakfast was very efficient although it was in the bar area as the restaurant was too busy. The food was good with a buffet style with a good selection and cooked breakfast available, again with the staff being very attentive and helpful. Only slight problem was the road noise from the front of the hotel, although this didn't pose any major issues but may be concern for someone not used to this. A very enjoyable stay and would recommend this hotel for any occasion especially as Bantry is such a pleasant small town.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Aoife N

Dear pat5292

Thank you for your Kind review posted recently on Tripadvisor about your stay with us. I am delighted that you were so pleased with the hotel and that you would recommend us to others. I am most pleased with the impression that the team here made on you and that they were so attentive at all times.

I agree that the front facing rooms while having the most glorious views of Bantry Bay may be a little distracting to those not used to street front rooms but we do have much more peaceful rooms to the back of the hotel which face on to the mature gardens of Bantry House.

Again my thanks & look forward to having you return

Yours sincerely

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights b+b and 1 evening meal with 3rd night free but had to pay 120.00 euro extra for bringing the 2 children as we needed a suite to accommodate the 4 of us.

Room was great and had a lovely view over Bantry bay but the noise of traffic could be heard with the windows and curtains closed, the kids bed was a pull out sofa and not very good but overall the room was good.

Breakfast was just great with specials everyday as well the normal stuff, fresh pancakes with nutella or maple syrup everyday and the best was the eggs benedict to die for.

Entertainment in the bar was great with live music most nights ( Willie Burke) very good and funny.

Pool was a little chilly but the steam room made up for that very warm which i love.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and the staff were great, only problem was the wifi very bad could not find it in the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank deane2013

Dear deane2013

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor about your family stay with us at the Maritime Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found most of the facilities to your satisfaction if not delight, I speak here of the eggs benedict!

I apologize for the Wi-Fi situation in West Cork which is still fairly poor and no matter what how much we increase capacity for the property we still seem to have issues with what is being driven down the line to us. We have increased our capacity to its maximum with the current availability but I understand that this is to be changed in the area fairly soon.

Again my thanks for the kind comments

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here during the chamber music festival and it absolutely perfect. A very quirky hotel, lovely decor maritime meets contemporary. Very clean, we didn't avail of food there as we discovered some lovely places in town serving breakfast for half the price but the leisure centre is lovely for a dip. Upgrade to a harbour facing room if you can, lovely views on a late summer's evening! If you are visiting the area and prefer modern accommodation stay here, but please stop complaining that you expected more, it's west cork and ten times better than a hostel or B&B!

• Stayed: June 2013
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear jabecca

Thank you for your kind review and support on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us. I am delighted that your visit during the Literary festival was so enjoyable. I love the way you jump to our support but as a famed literary from England once said "There's none so strange as folk!" I accept that everyone has the right to comment and therefore I do take time to reply.

Again my thanks for the kind review and I will be passing them on to the team.

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding. The staff where excellent and the food for the wedding was fab. There was a few at our table with food intolerance and they where very well looking after. The breakfast was lovely very good choice. The staff where very good. Our room was beautiful on the 4 th floor over looking the bay. Would diff stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Maura C

thank you for your recent Tripadvisor Review about your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you were so pleased with everything about your stay. Our aim is to get this level of satisfaction for everyone on a wedding day, and not just the Bride & Groom. In this with you we obviously succeeded.

I will be passing your comments to all the team and I am sure they will be as pleased as I am.

Thanks & kind regards

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed 12th July for 1 night - the room was at the back of the hotel and was large and well equpped and clean.
No noise during the night and the air conditioning worked.
We ate breakfast in the hotel and found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful and a good selection of food.
At €130.00 per night it isnt cheap - but the overall quality of the hotel justified the rate.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear 1981Lillian81

Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor review of your stay with us at the Maritime Hotel. I am delighted that you found everything to your satisfaction and in particular you found the team friendly. I will be passing on your comments to all the team who will be as satisfied as me I am sure.

Again my thanks

Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bantry
Westlodge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Skibbereen
Glengarriff Park Hotel
Glengarriff Park Hotel
#1 of 3 in Glengarriff

Been to Maritime Hotel? Share your experiences!