“Lovely stay”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bantry
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I stayed in the Maritime for one night in March 2013. The setting is great, the views over the bay are beautiful. There was plenty of parking on-site, getting around town is simple on foot so once you get there park up and explore! We ate in a lovely restaurant down the street called the Brick Oven(?).... It's well worth a visit. The venue/bar overhead, the Mariner, often have great Irish musicians to entertain you.
The hotel staff were very friendly and attentive. The rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious. We had breakfast in the hotel and we certainly were not disappointed! Great food and service.
The highlight of the stay was our trip to the pool and spa. There was a really helpful chap in the leisure centre who looked after us really well. The girls in the spa are incredible! I had a massage and I swear, I've never been so relaxed! I would highly recommend it!
This hotel is in a great location but the Staff are what make it special. I'll definitely be back for a stay soon!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Selma G
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Selma G

Thank you for your kind review on Triopadvisor regarding your recent stay with us at the Maritime Hotel. I am so delighted that you found all the staff so attentive and everything to your liking. I suppose I'll even have to be nice to James (Leisure Center Manager) with whom you guys obviously got on so well!

Anyway just to thank you once again and I hope we will see you back with us again soon.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed for one night Lidl break b&b and dinner reception nice and helpful underground parking great, room lovely and comfortable with bay view, pity the weather was so miserable, dinner was really good, and we were served by this lovely local boy who was so chatty and attentive said he is leaving for Oz in 6 weeks time. One man band music in bar which was entertaining. Breakfast was buffet, with specials to order which was also very good. Must say this is a really good four star hotel, well worth a visit.

Room Tip: We always choose a sea view
1 Thank BessieCork
Dear BessieCork

Thank you for your very kind review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us at the Maritime. Positive reviews are always welcome but when they come from Senior reviewers they are even more so. I am delighted that you enjoyed everything, except the weather but we only have a little power with the Divine plan & so can't really be blamed for that!

Anyway I just wish to say thanks once again and hope that you will return to us again soon.

cork
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I found the room spacious and comfortable, gorgous views of the bay. I enjoyed an Indian massage which was well worth the money. Entertainment was a man singing playing a guitar, the local pubs were friendly and the scenery and walks in Bantry are enjoyable.

2 Thank Yvonne B
Dear Yvonne B

Thank you for your kind Tripadvisor review regarding your recent stay with us at the Maritime Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your Bantry experience as well as that of the Hotel and our spa treatments. Once again thank you for the positive rating and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We only stayed at the Maritime Hotel for 1 night but were very disappointed! The receptionist on check-in was not the most friendliest, we had to ask where we could park. The room was lovely. The food in the Bar was nice - could have had a bigger selection of a menu. Sadly did not have a great nights sleep with the air-conditioning unit humming in the room all night and no way of switching it off - even though the panel in the room showed it was off! When we mentioned this to the Receptionist (a different one but again not very friendly) on check-out, we were told that "that would have been the air-conditioning which has to run all the time". I do not believe this to be true as we have stayed at other hotels with air-conditioning and their units do not have to run continuously! The breakfast was nice, the staff were very prompt in seating and serving guests. There was a large selection on the buffet. We feel that Reception staff could do with a bit more basic training as it spoils the stay!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Barbara M
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Barbara M

Thank you for your recent comments which you posted on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us at the Maritime Hotel. I was a little surprised at your comments regarding our reception staff who normally get the highest of praise from our guests and i will take your comments on board.

I was particularly pleased that you found our diningroom staff efficient and the service so prompt. As with all comments by our guests I will be passing these on to the team to improve where possible and offer the consistently highest level of service.

My thanks & kind regards

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed here two nights and had a lovely stay

The hotel is located just on the outskirts of bantry and a short walk to the town square, the area is well serviced by restaurants and bars

There is lot of parking available in the underground car park

We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, there was a slight issue with the safe and the staff couldn't have been more helpful

The hotel itself is modern and maintained to a high standard throughout, and the rooms/bathrooms are spacious.

The gym is a good size for a hotel gym with 4 treadmills and good free weights area, similarly the sauna/steam rooms and pools are excellent

The breakfast buffet was good and they staff served tea/coffee to our tables immediately

In relation to value for money, based on the rate we got we found the hotel to be excellent value for money

Room Tip: Most of the 4th floor rooms have a balcony - well worth paying extra for these rooms for the views o...
Dear ConorFi

Thank you for your king comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Maritime which you posted up on Tripadvisor. I am always pleased when our staff and services live up to standard but more so when a senior contributor from Tripadvisor is positively satisfied.

I will be passing on your comments to the team here and I'm sure that they will be as happy as I am.

Again my thanks

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed in The Maritime Hotel for 4 days last week. From the moment I arrived until I left I could not have had better service in any hotel. The front desk staff were brilliant, the food was excellent and the rooms were great. We were on the 4th floor in room 404 and the view from our balcony was stunning. We had dinner in the restaurant twice and it exceeded all expectations. I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody. Valerie from Dublin

1 Thank scarlett459
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear scarlett459

Thank you for your very kind review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us at the Maritime Hotel. Like your title I am blushing with pride that we were able to give you the experience and enjoyment. I will say that when you are watching sunsets from the 4th floor you really have to wonder is there any better view.

I will be passing on your comments to all the team who will be as happy as I am I'm sure.

Thanks & return again soon

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Nice hotel in a poor town. Bantry looks good on paper but fails to deliver in reality. The review is about the hotel so i'll get back to that!

The rooms are lovely. they are modern and everything you can expect from a 4 star hotel - well almost everything. the service was below average. We checked in to an unfriendly receptionist and it wasn't nice at all!

What a pity! Staff training needed (in the basics) or just hire naturally friendly reception staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Poitiers

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor which you recently posted about your stay with us at The Maritime Hotel. I really appreciate comments, particularly from Senior Tripadvisor commentators, about any aspect of their stay with us and all our team get to review all comments.

I was particularly happy with the rating you gave to 5 areas of the hotel but disappointed that one department drew down our rating so much. Having said this I was a bit surprised that our reception, normally our frontline crew because of their friendliness, was not to your satisfaction. I will be discussing your comments with them and asking that they give 100% of their friendly personalities into the future.

Again my thanks and we will be taking action to improve.

Yours sincerely

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bantry
Westlodge Hotel
Glengarriff Park Hotel
Glengarriff Park Hotel
#1 of 3 in Glengarriff
Parknasilla Resort & Spa

Been to Maritime Hotel? Share your experiences!