Maritime Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Seaview House Hotel(Ballylickey)
Casey's Hotel(Glengarriff)
$121
$161
$155
Gougane Barra Hotel(Gougane Barra)
$131
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
1,274 results
All reviewscar parklovely hotelocean restaurantthe penthouseleisure centrewest corkbed suitebantry baybar foodtop classbrick ovenbuffet stylewould highly recommend this hotelboth morningslast weekendlive musicevening meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a few nights and really enjoyed our time. The hotel suite was great value for money. A friendly staff and a fantastic breakfast in the morning. We can easily reccomend it. A great base for exploring the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Stephen G

Thank you for the kind recommendation of the Maritime Hotel in your recent Tripadvisor posting. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be the perfect base to explore West Cork. I am delighted that you found the staff friendly and I hope that you can return again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Beautiful hotel rooms are Devine. Food is great and the staff are friendly. Was at a wedding once here as well and could not fault it. In all the hotels in cork I've stayed in, this is by far my favourite it's a home from home

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Collmgt1986

"Home from Home", "My Favourite Hotel in Cork!" How do I respond to that, except to say thank you for these Tripadvisor comments recently posted. I suppose this is the traditional experience that Irish Hoteliers hope to give to their clients......that you feel at home! I am so glad that our team succeeded in this with you & hope to see you return soon. I will pass on your comments to all the team.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We spent just one night here and would have liked to stay a little longer.
The rooms were really nice, very spacious and nicely decorated.
We ate in the restaurant and food was very good. Breakfast was great too with
a great selection.
Staff extremely helpful and pleasant.
Will return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Parnelll4

Dear VOVA

Thank you for your kind Tripadvisor review of your recent stay with us at The Maritime Hotel. It is always a little more pleasing when we get comments from Senior Tripadvisor Reviewers as they have plenty of background in the use of varied facilities. Your comments will be passed on to the team who will appreciate them as much as I did, I'm sure.

Again my thanks

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had a very enjoyable stay in the Maritime hotel, the staff were so nice and the room was spacious and spotlessly clean! Breakfast is mediocre, more fruit would be nice but besides that a very nice hotel in a beautiful little town

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Aktdm

Dear Aktdm

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us in the Maritime Hotel which you posted on Tripadvisor. I am so delighted with your comments about the staff which you can rest assured that I will be passing on to the team. I will review your comment on the Breakfast buffet as we aim to please all the requirements of all our guests where possible.

Again my thanks & we look forward to having you return.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights on a 2 night break with breakfast and one dinner and an extra night. I was a little apprehensive on the approach as the entrance to the underground car park looks like a temporary arrangement and wasn't very attractive.However the carpark was very spacious and a great facility even though there is no direct inside access from the carpark to the hotel. The hotel exterior would also benefit from a little more greenery around the entrance and along the front. We were greeted by a very pleasant and friendly receptionist and given a room on the third floor overlooking the harbour. The room was large,well equipped, comfortable and quiet even though the hotel was full.The breakfast buffet had a choice of continental and cooked meals with freshly prepared dishes available if preferred. The urban styled bar served food and had live music in the evenings over the weekend. We enjoyed our meal in the restaurant . The food and the service was good and the seating comfortable .We did use the pool but found the changing facilities a little basic and in need of a facelift.Overall we had a good experience here and would return. One of the best things about this hotel is the cheery friendly staff who make you feel very welcome.

Room Tip: Ask for front overlooking harbour .Rooms at the back may be quieter but don't have a view. We slept with windows open at the front of hotel and had no noise problems
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dustylin

Dear dustylin

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us at the Maritime Hotel. I was particularly interested to note your perception in the extra comments that you loved the view and while rooms at the back while might be quieter lost out on the view!

I am delighted that you found all our staff warm and welcoming and that while you have some minor critical points regarding upgrading of some of the facilities you were overall very pleased with your stay.

I will pass on your comments to the team here who will be as pleased as I am i'm sure.