“Lovely hotel, very nice staff”
Review of Maritime Hotel

Maritime Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bantry
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had a very enjoyable stay in the Maritime hotel, the staff were so nice and the room was spacious and spotlessly clean! Breakfast is mediocre, more fruit would be nice but besides that a very nice hotel in a beautiful little town

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Aktdm
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Aktdm

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us in the Maritime Hotel which you posted on Tripadvisor. I am so delighted with your comments about the staff which you can rest assured that I will be passing on to the team. I will review your comment on the Breakfast buffet as we aim to please all the requirements of all our guests where possible.

Again my thanks & we look forward to having you return.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights on a 2 night break with breakfast and one dinner and an extra night. I was a little apprehensive on the approach as the entrance to the underground car park looks like a temporary arrangement and wasn't very attractive.However the carpark was very spacious and a great facility even though there is no direct inside access from the carpark to the hotel. The hotel exterior would also benefit from a little more greenery around the entrance and along the front. We were greeted by a very pleasant and friendly receptionist and given a room on the third floor overlooking the harbour. The room was large,well equipped, comfortable and quiet even though the hotel was full.The breakfast buffet had a choice of continental and cooked meals with freshly prepared dishes available if preferred. The urban styled bar served food and had live music in the evenings over the weekend. We enjoyed our meal in the restaurant . The food and the service was good and the seating comfortable .We did use the pool but found the changing facilities a little basic and in need of a facelift.Overall we had a good experience here and would return. One of the best things about this hotel is the cheery friendly staff who make you feel very welcome.

Room Tip: Ask for front overlooking harbour .Rooms at the back may be quieter but don't have a view. We sl...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dustylin

Dear dustylin

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us at the Maritime Hotel. I was particularly interested to note your perception in the extra comments that you loved the view and while rooms at the back while might be quieter lost out on the view!

I am delighted that you found all our staff warm and welcoming and that while you have some minor critical points regarding upgrading of some of the facilities you were overall very pleased with your stay.

I will pass on your comments to the team here who will be as pleased as I am i'm sure.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Spent three days here last week, it was brilliant everything from the room to the food to the staff. Had a three course dinner for a family get together and the quality of the food was excellent. I could not fault anything. It was so relaxing and would have loved to have stayed another few days.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ursula1979

Dear ursula1979

Thank you for your very kind comments regarding your recent stay at The Maritime which you posted on Tripadvisor. I am glad that we got everything so right for you and your family do and I will be passing on your comments to all the crew especially the dining & kitchen departments.

Again my thanks and we look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed in the 2 bed family suite, which was very roomy and perfect for families. It had a small kitchenette, so would be very good for families with small children, or to use as a base for sightseeing in the area. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear KOR471

Thank you for your kind review in Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us at The Maritime Hotel. It really is positive to get reviews from all our guests as this is what ensures we are offering the value of service expected. I will be passing on your comment to our team here and I am sure they will be just as pleased.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was by far and away the best hotel we stayed at in Ireland. We traveled all over the country and had an amazing experience staying here. I would highly recommend the hotel and will definitely come back! The rooms were very large, comfortable beds, great bathroom and nice decor. Thank you for the great stay!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank beachtraveler27

Dear beachtraveler27
Thank you for the wonderful review which you posted on Tripadvisor regarding you recent stay with us at the Maritime. Unfortunately I have been away from the office for personal reasons and I am a little late in replying to your post.

I am so glad that we were so high on your list of places to stay on your recent travels and I will be passing your comment on to the team here who will be just as pleased as I am.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Went to the Maritime for my 15th Wedding Anniversary and found the place to be very well situated with a lovely view of the Bay. The bedrooms are lovely, the bed is huge and very comfortable. Bathrooms are very stylish and good shower. The only thing I would say is that I was a bit disappointed with breakfast and dinner. Although the variety of breakfast food was good, the special of pancakes I received was under-cooked. The evening meal of lamb cutlets I ordered, on the other hand, was overcooked!
Overall, a lovely hotel with friendly staff, and good value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Bay
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarysiaMoore
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear MarysiaMoore

Thank you for your recent comments on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us at The Maritime Hotel. I was delighted that you found the property was to your fullest satisfaction.

It is good to get a positively critical review once in a while showing us where we can improve and I will be passing on your comments to the team here so that we can hopefully have everything perfect for a future return visit.

Again my thanks for your review

Yours sincerely

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Went to the Maritime Hotel in Bantry on 21.04.13- where do I start! What a lovely day. Called the week before to hand in flowers etc for an 80th Birthday and the staff were so helpful and the bar food lovely!. Then we landed on the day - 30 of us. The staff could not have done more to make the day special. The food (lots of it) landed on the table like works of art. If you eat with your eyes then you are off to a good start. The picture painted a thousand words and the food was just fab. I think every plate went back clean and that went for those from 8 to 80. The Sea food! The Lamb The Cheesecake!!!!!
The time given by the staff to setting up the room, taking endless pictures and sorting every silly request from us was just a joy.
I spoke to staff from the front desk to the manager and even the chef - one person as nice as the next.
How to turn a wet Sunday into a joy and an 80th Birthday into a party???? head to the Maritime Hotel in Bantry. Didn't burst the bank, filled us well and sent us home happy- what more could you ask for from any hotel. Well done to one and all : )

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank mary1664
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear mary1664

Thank you so much for your kind review on Tripadvisor about the 80th Birthday party you organised with us recently at the Maritime. I was most pleased with your comments regarding each and every member of staff you met and I will be passing them on to all the team.

One of the nicest things you said was "Nothing was too much, even the photos and little requests we had!" and this made your party so successful.

Many thanks once again and best wishes and many more years of happiness to the Birthday person!

Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bantry
Westlodge Hotel
#2 of 3 in Glengarriff
Lake Hotel
Lake Hotel
#10 of 38 in Killarney

Been to Maritime Hotel? Share your experiences!