Maritime Hotel
Casey's Hotel(Glengarriff)
$117
$167
$156
Gougane Barra Hotel(Gougane Barra)
$126
  • Restaurant
1,282 results
All reviewscar parklovely hotelocean restaurantthe penthouseleisure centrewest corkbed suitebantry baybar foodtop classbrick ovenbuffet stylewould highly recommend this hotelboth morningslast weekendlive musicevening meal
Reviewed April 2, 2013

second time here on a winter break..great value B&B.the staff are great,the breakfast was good,the omelettes were fab ,late check out was no problem it gave us extra time in the pool..we will be back..keep up the good work

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tom m
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear tom m

You are exactly what we look for in a guest profile. A return guest going away repeatedly happy. Thank you for your Tripadvisor comments about your winter break 2 at The Maritime Hotel. I will be passing on your encouragement to all the crew here.

Thanks &b Kind regards

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to The Maritime. Again the trip was excellent. From the moment you arrive at reception the whole experience was excellent. We are a family of 4. We have 2 babies under 17 months so we are fairly demanding guests. We needed bottles steamed on a few occasions & purees heating regularly. Everytime we asked something we never felt it was a problem. The staff could not have been more helpful.
The food was very good. We even ordered room service for 7pm one night (the 2 girls bedtime) & it arrived exactly on time & hot. The whole hotel feels clean, fresh & well maintained.
The pool facilities were excellent & the family changing room is very handy.
Needless to say we would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PDing

Dear PDing

I am delighted with your Tripadvisor comments about your recent stay with us at the Maritime Hotel. i am particularly pleased with your comments regarding the efficiency & friendliness of the staff and I will be passing everything you said on to the team. I know they will really appreciate it.

A little hint for you as the 2 little ones get a bit older.....look at the one bed suite! It gives them their own TV to watch and you are not stuck with Spongebob Squarepants for hours on end! That coming from a parent of two who we took on travels with us also!

Again my thanks

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed here for two days over Easter. The room was perfect for a family of four. We had two lots of space with two rooms. The kids enjoyed their own room and tv. We also had a small kitchen area with a fridge. The facilities at the hotel were very good, pool etc. The hotel staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. Especially the hotel reception staff Christine and Mary. I had a query about my booking prior to my arrival and I spoke to Christine on the phone. She was very helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheila N
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Sheila N

Thank you for your kind comments posted on Tripadvisor relating to your recent stay with us at The Maritime Hotel. As a parent of two also I have always liked the suite facility where the children have their own TV and we are not forced to watch children s programmes all day.

I am particularly pleased with your comments about the team here and I will be passing on all concerned.

Again my thanks

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We travelled here for a family wedding,a group of 4 adults and had a great time. We booked three rooms ,2 doubles and a 1 bedroom suite. All were spotlessly clean and well equiped,particularly our suite which had a separate sitting/dining room which proved invaluable as a retreat for my elderly mother from the wedding revels.
Yes the layout of the hotel is unusual but we quickly got our bearings thanks to the well positioned signposts from the reception area. The lighting can be dim at first but takes a few minutes to brighten the room ,we didn`t experience any difficulty once we were patient.
The food was excellent,particularly the wedding meal with plenty of food and little extras which were appreciated. The only drawback was the very busy breakfast on the Sunday morning with queues for the breakfast buffet although in fairness the hotel was very busy and the staff were rushed off their feet.
The staff in the hotel are great,nothing was too much trouble and they were extremely helpful towards my mother who uses a wheelchair.
Overall I would reccommend a visit and there is plenty to see and do in the area. The hotel is located in the town itself and a short stroll to everything

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank madmartina
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear madmartina

Thank you so much for such a rapid submission on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us. It is always a bit more of a pleasure for us at The Maritime when the comments come from a senior contributor and they are positive.

I realise that we were a bit busy at breakfast but much of this was caused by the other members of the wedding party, having reveled into the late hours, all arriving down together for some after party food! I am particularly pleased with your satisfaction from the team and I will be passing your kind comments on to everyone involved. I am also very pleased that your mother was satisfied with our service also as our aim is to please everyone.

Again my thanks for all your comments

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has nice facilities! Its only downfall is its layout absolutely crazy it took us about 10 mins to get to our room between goin up on lift and walking to another and goin up in that one! It was grand for one night anything longer and i would have probably asked to be moved! The rooms were lovely though really comfy and we had a lovely view of the sea. The food in the hotel was lovely the staff were great and the bar had a lovely atmosphere! All in all liked this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank CK929
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear CK929

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at The Maritime which you posted on Tripadvisor. I was delighted with your comments on bot staff and service in the property and will be passing them on to all the team.

With regard to the building geography I can understand the difficulties you may have had. The building was built in two sections with only one floor interlinking both. While we try to direct all guests and have a map printed on the Key Card it is still a bit confusing to some.

Again my thanks for your comments, and as a senior subscriber to Tripadvisor your positive critical comments are even more appreciated.