“Excellent hotel, will be back”
Review of Maritime Hotel

Maritime Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bantry
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Surprised my husband for his birthday and we both had a great time, I find it hard to relax properly when away but I had no problem at the Maritime. The staff are great, food really good, atmosphere for me was the best, so relaxing. I will definitely be back. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2012
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Dear Sanhenn

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Maritime. I am glad that you had a relaxing break and that the present for your husband was just as you would have wished. I will be passing your comments on to the team here and I am sure they will appreciate them.

Again my thanks

There are newer reviews for Maritime Hotel

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I can't recommend The Maritime Hotel enough.The hotel is in a great location over-looking Bantry bay and is spotlessly clean. The food in the restaurant was absolutely wonderful and the staff are very friendly. Really enjoyed our stay here. We will be back!

• Stayed: November 2012
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear FarrahD1

Thank you for the kind review on Tripadvisor about your most recent stay with us. I suppose the best bit is at the end "We will be back!" I do hope so!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Searched for a night away in West Cork and decided on the Maritime Hotel in Bantry and delighted with the choice. Beautiful modern hotel with boutique hotel decor. Our room was done in pink and grey, mix of fabrics and fabulous funky covered furniture. Great pool and leisure area. Breakfast was wonderful too, plenty fresh fruit, the full Irish and pancakes made to order. Nice, friendly staff. We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the bay and make sure it is towards the out of town end rather than the town. Ours...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear dunmore1999

Thank you for your kind comments on your recent stay with us at the Maritime Hotel. I am glad that you had such an enjoyable stay and that you took the time to tell everyone on Tripadvisor. I will be passing on your comments to the crew here who will be delighted to see them also I'm sure.

Again my thanks

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed in the Maritime Hotel for 3 nights last week and were very happy with the service, friendliness of the staff, central location, sea views and the excellent rooms to accommodate a family of five. We booked a 2 bedroom suite on level 4 which was very spacious, yet didn't 'break the bank'. The contemporary look and feel of the hotel, free Wi Fi, plasma screens and cinema nearby went down very well with our two teenage daughters! Our young son availed of the swimming pool daily. There are some good restaurants and pubs very close by including The Brick Oven (which also delivers pizza), The Snug (pub) and The Fish Kitchen. We would certainly consider revisiting next summer.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are quieter & have lovely views. A main street runs in front of the hotel...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear MTMtraveller

Thank you for your very gracious comments on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay as a family with us at the Maritime Hotel. I am delighted that you found the hotel so good but also that you found Bantry such a positive experience. The two restaurants you mentioned I have also used with my family and can only concur in saying that they are both of a very high standard especially where families are concerned.

Again my thanks and we hope you will return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Lovely hotel, lovely location, lovely friendly staff, but unfortunately could do with some extra soundproofing!!!!!!!!!! Went for a 3 day R&R but was woken at 6.00 very morning with heavy lorries bang bangin outside the window. I invested in some earplugs from the local chemist the next day!!! Yes, seriously that bad, which takes it away from the lovely friendly helpful staff, especially at breakfast , nothing is ever to much trouble. Treated myself to a facial & a salt scrub in the Spa which was worth every penny. Stayed in the Intercontinental Hotel in Park Lane London the previous week & the staff there should be sent to train at The Maritime as they are the best I have ever had the pleasure to deal with. Room was spotlessly cleaned every morning, even the housekeeping staff are a credit. Lovely location!

Room Tip: Get a room at the back, no view but peaceful.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear AnnieBannanieWales

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at the Maritime Hotel. I am delighted with the main body of the review review and will be passing your comments on to the team here who will appreciate them also I'm sure. I take all critiques seriously and would ask that if you do return and want a less noisy morning that we can reserve a 4th floor room or a room at the back facing the forestry of Bantry Gardens, an alternative is possible and given you had such praise for the rest of the facilities I do hope you will return.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Excellent staff everybody nice and helpful, very good location it's a small town and hotel is short walk from the square, the food was lovely in the restaurant, excellent value all round, only thing we missed was the jacuzzi as it was out of order.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Michelle C

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry that the jaccussi was not working when you stayed with us but I am happy to advise that it is now back in operation and will hopefully be in action should you return for another visit.

Again my thanks and I will be passing your comments on to all the team here.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed for one night, but it was well worth it. Very friendly staff, very helpful too. Breakfast was top class and freshly made. Rooms were clean and warm.
Bar was airy and staff friendly. Resturant was great( same place for breakfast) looking out at the Bay.
Will stay again

Room Tip: Park underground then check in, saves you time
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Robert M

Dear Robert M

Many thanks for your very kind review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us. As I have said in previous replies I am very fearful of a full 5 Stars from anyone as it means we must live up to it again repeatedly......not always possible where people are involved! Anyway I will graciously pass your comments on to the team, with a caveat, and really appreciate them and hope you will be returning again soon.

Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bantry
Westlodge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Skibbereen
Glengarriff Park Hotel
Glengarriff Park Hotel
#1 of 3 in Glengarriff

Been to Maritime Hotel? Share your experiences!