“A ONCE IN A LIFETIME PRIVELEDGE TO ACTUALLY STAY IN THIS HOME”
Review of Bantry House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bantry
Bantry House B&B
Ranked #2 of 26 Bantry B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 7, 2010

We were blessed by fine weatrhe , the gardens command a lovely view over the bay , the bedrooms are quite fine , the gardens and pond and tiered terraces are enchanting and the house itself still has a homely atmosphere.
The staff and hosts are genuinely friendly
Stay here - its a must in your tour of southern Ireland

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nevill_david

Reviewed May 6, 2010

Best night of the holiday. We have two children of 6 and 9 who loved the family room in which we stayed. The huse and gardens are fantastic, the rooms amazing and the breakfast is worth its own review. Staff were incredibly friendly and accomodating. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank brockcork
Reviewed April 21, 2010

We stayed at this stately home last Saturday night as we assisted our daughter to move to Bantry as part of her Nursing internship. We have normally stayed in hotels, but the reviews for same in Bantry were not encouraging. My wife was a little disappointed when I told her I got us a B&B for the night. You should have seen her face as we drove up the gravel drive way to the House. Major impressed :). We were greeted by Sophie who showed us to our room. She had indicated on booking that we would have a family room in the West Wing. Not sure how but she had set my expectations relatively low, boy did I get a lift when I saw our suite. We had a massive room with two large double beds and a sitting room area. Our daughter had a separate room with two large single beds and a huge teddy bear for company. To complete the set up we had a separate bathroom with a super in-bath shower that must be powered by a volcano, such was the power and heat that it could generate. We spent the night in the town and had a very comfortable sleep in linen's that must have been made by the in house silk worm, they were so luxurious. The following morning we made our way through the massive library with 20 foot ceilings and large paintings of members of their ancestors. I have had the privilege of staying in a wide variety of hotels on 4 continents, but I can honestly say that the breakfast was the most enjoyable experience I have had in any hotel. The array of fresh fruits, cereals, meats etc, was exceptional. This was followed by freshly made croissants’ and hot scones. In turn we had the full Irish with perfectly poached and presented eggs for the ladies. This was washed down with oodles of gorgeous tea. Small point, we would have liked more toast, but to ask for more seemed greedy with the huge array of food laid before us. I would generally be a grab & run eater, but we chose to take 1 hour to eat as we did not wish the experience to stop. Having checked out we were offered a self guided tour of the formal House. To describe it all would spoil the treat.... We will for sure be back before the summer is out. For anyone still reading this, you MUST STAY here, even for one night.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank John62H
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Dont walk - run to book this diadem . This is undoubtedly a venue which defines Irish hospitality. The rooms are opulant, the beds are fantastic, the breakfasts are the best i've experinced in Europe - (you must try Anne Guray hot breakfast scones)

What did i like about this stay? well lets start with a..Resident room with a crackling fire, window seats in your bedrooms, filter coffee on tap, well stocked honestey bar, real milk, secret doors, and the staff - every single one of them...... and all this wrapped up in the magnificent Bantry House, set in wonerful gardens, nestling in Bantry Bay - it dont get much better than this

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2010

I have just returned from a two night r&r stay in Bantry House. I don't know where to start, it was just gorgous. A comfortable room with nice details like a window seat, two armchairs, some antique furniture and some modern-but-attractive and in keeping with the style of the room. Long silk curtains and a lovely view of the 100 steps and the knot garden. It was all spotlessly clean and the bathroom was modern, bright and white with underfloor heating and a heated towel rail for the big fluffy towels.

I have just been reading some of the old reviews and obviously there has been a lot of modernisation and improvement since they were written. A small sitting room with an open fire, an honesty bar with everything provided (even to a lemon and a lime with knife and cutting board) and in the larger room next door a full size billiard/snooker table,

Breakfast was very good with a lovely selection of fresh fruits, warm scones, cereals, cheeses, and a cooked option too.

The gardens and house could take half a day or more to explore. Very little in leaf when we were there, though there were daffodils, rhododendrons, camellias, and the most amazing arum lilies I have ever seen, beside a little brook and waterfall in the garden.

The facilities for getting married in the house are beautiful, lovely old rooms with antique furniture, paintings and tapestries. The dining room is just spectacular!

I just took off one star for sleep quality as I found the duvet on the bed very heavy and too warm for the room. Maybe if I had asked a 4 tog would have been available, but I didn't think of it at the time. It was a small detail as I found the (nice, heavy cotton) sheet sufficient covering

All the staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful. It really was a pleasant couple of days.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2009

I booked Bantry House as a romantic treat for my husband during a tour of Ireland earlier this year. It wasn't cheap, naturally, but it totally fulfilled the adage that 'you get what you pay for'. It was the best nights accomodation we have ever had, and totally worth the expense. From the moment we pulled up in the private area reserved for overnight guests, after a long driveway, we were made to feel like visiting royalty. The owner of the house greeted us personally and carried our luggage up to our room in the East wing. The room was utterly beautiful, with windows overlooking the garden and bay. A visit to the main house was included in the price, and the use of a private door to get into the house truly made us feel like guests. When we went into the lobby of the main house, the staff member responsible for taking the entrance fees must have realised we were guests, as they shook our hand and welcomed us to the house. There was a lovely private sitting room and full size snooker table for the guests to enjoy, where we sat in the evening. There were a selection of drinks on offer, which one served oneself and wrote on a tally for billing purposes. How many places show such trust in their guests nowadays?? There was also a real fire lit, and I spent a truly blissful hour sipping my G & T in the armchair whilst perusing a complementary magazine before dinner. It was too early in the season for dinner at the house, alas, but the owner himself booked us a table at a local restaurant.
What can I say about breakfast the next morning?? It was in a league of its own, above and beyond anything we have had elsewhere. The 'Earl', (owner), assisted in serving us himself, and the choice and quality were exceptional. The honey on offer was still on the honeycomb, it was that fresh! To top it all off, the owner shook our hand on our departure.
I have stayed in some quality hotels in the past, including Raffles in Singapore, but none compared to Bantry House. I cannot believe that better service exists than we experienced here. It was utterly personal, professional and efficient.
My husband and I will definitely be returning here. At some point in the future, we are planning on revewing our wedding vows, and I wouldn't consider doing it anywhere other than here now. We have been totally spoilt.
I cannot praise Bantry House highly enough. It's taken me four months to get around to writing this review, yet I remember every detail, it was so special.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Longbourne
Reviewed September 19, 2009

We wanted to marry in Ireland...after months of online research, Bantry House was our choice. The house, guestrooms and gardens were so much more than we had imagined...absolutely beautiful! Our room was very comfortable, very clean and large. The staff and events coordinator made us feel so welcome, and so much at home. They were attentive, thoughtful, and truly sincere in helping us make our wedding day and our three-day stay everything we hoped it would be! My husband and I would return in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bantry
Maritime Hotel
#2 of 5 in Bantry
Glengarriff Park Hotel
Glengarriff Park Hotel
#1 of 3 in Glengarriff

Been to Bantry House B&B? Share your experiences!