“This is your Castle Experience, Best night of Visit!”
Review of Bantry House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bantry
Bantry House B&B
Ranked #2 of 26 Bantry B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 11, 2009

I spent several years planning and replanning our Ireland trip so I can't remeber exactly why I was drawn to Bantry House, but I knew I had to visit. A bit out of the way perhaps of the regular tourist route but more than worth it. Our room was the best of our trip the view of the bay amazing. The bed the most comfortable and I need to find out about the sheets, really incredible. The gardens are unbelievable as is the house tour. We were taken in hand oupon our arrival with a suggestion for dinner at O'Conners and they made reservations for us. What a wonderful night, a lovely stroll around the grounds, walk into town, great dinner, lovely wine, a stroll home too tired to make use of the public rooms for guests like the bar and billards room and the cozy rooms with fireplaces which were lighted for us to enjoy. This is an absolute gem and we hope to return soon! I can only imagine what it must be like in season with the concerts on. For us though it was incredible off season where you can dream its all yours!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RCFNewEngland
Bantryhouse, Administrator at Bantry House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2009

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Bantry House. Your kind comments are very much appreciated. We aim to make every guests stay a pleasure and something to remember for a long time. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2008

It's not cheap, but you get value for money in my opinion.

The staff are super-polite and helpful, ensuring that no aspect of the lounge area, snooker room, bar, or your own room is left uncovered. The room itself was very well decorated in a classical style and was temperature-controlled by a wall-mounted unit. The main bedroom was very spacious, indeed almost looked like a mini-suite with somfy chairs and a drinks cabinet included. The bathroom was very well-appointed if a tad on the small side...

Breakfast was amazing, with our own table waiting for us when we arrived in the breakfast room. Freshly squeezed OJ was waiting for us on the table, and the selection of cereals was extensive. A comb of honey was just one example of stunning attention to detail in this area, and on the other side of the room, the fresh fruit, prunes, grapefruit again called us over to sample ...

The full Irish breakfast was tasty, filling and just perfectly cooked.

As we checked-out the receptionist Cathy made us feel like we had made a new friend, such was her exceptional customer service and friendliness.

We will be back.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank johnp68
Reviewed September 22, 2008

I was late arriving at Bantry House and the phone number I had was incorrect. Mr. White was so kind and gracious. I appreciated it, because I was frazzled by that point.
After showing me to my room Mr. white made a reservation for me at O'Connells for dinner. The food was excellent and the service was top notch.
In the morning I was greeted with breakfast fit for a queen. I was the only person staying but the spread was a banquet. Not only were there fruit salads and select fresh fruits, cheeses and breads, but then I was presented with a menu.
The day was gray and gloomy with a downpour so I didn't get to spend much time in the garden, but made up for it in touring the house. It is a self-guided tour with a notebook that points out highlights of the house. The tapestries and paintings are amazing. The dining room is breathtaking.
I believe the expense was warranted. The guest rooms are simple and elegant. Even though it is a stately home, there is a sense of comfort and welcome. It does not feel as though one should look but not touch.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank Flutterbyfly
Reviewed September 9, 2008

We stayed for 4 nights in this beautiful home and cannot praise the whole experience too highly. The house, gardens,bedrooms and setting are superb. The staff were very helpful and attentive and the owner plays the role of lord of the manor together with personal butler with consumate skill. We enjoyed our stay and we had excellent value

2  Thank alan_gubbay
Reviewed August 25, 2008

This is one of the most amazing old period houses I have ever stayed in. It’s not fully restored yet, but its a very big house and this will take time. The grounds/gardens are outstanding, amazing views over the bay. I was blown away by the breakfast, the best ever. We stayed during an off peek period and have the run of the place to our selves. The owner was lovely and helpful. Highly recommend this for a romantic weekend away! The tree lined drive way takes you right to the centre of Bantry town, plenty of good restaurants and shopping.

2  Thank Bluesky2004sky
Reviewed August 9, 2008

We were amazed from the moment we took the long driveway up to the estate, then were even more amazed at the beauty of the house and the gardens. Our room was spectacular and extremely spacious and elegant. We had a direct view of Bantry Bay from our room, and the amenities were superb. Breakfast was served by the owner himself, with the attentiveness of a personal butler. In spite of other people in the dining room, he constantly kept an eye on each and every table, and attended to our every want and need. The breakfast was excellent, and was served in grand style. Later in the morning we toured the grounds, which included beautiful gardens and "The 100 steps" which led to a view of the house and the bay below. It is truly a setting that can't be matched. We hope to return there for a more extensive stay.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank ColoradoQuietman
Reviewed June 11, 2008

We rented two rooms for the night of May 25, 2008. Every aspect of our stay was superb. The hospitality of the staff, the magnificient gardens and the rooms themselves were outstanding. As stated in other reviews, the host was gracious, personally handled our check-in and made our dinner reservations on a very busy night at O'Connor's in town. Bantry House is truly a gem and worth the cost of staying there. All of us hope to repeat our visit.

Stayed: May 2008