“An experience not to be repeated...”
Review of Tractors Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Tractors Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a newly opened restaurant located on Main Street in the centre of Bantry, West Cork, Ireland.We serve breakfast 9-12 Mon-Sat, lunch 12-4 Mon-Sat, dinner 6-9 Tue-Sat and we are open 1pm-7pm on Sundays and Bank Holidays.We specialize in gourmet burgers, but we also serve wide selection of other locally sourced food, with kids menu being available for the little ones. Our desserts are all homemade, including cakes, brownies, scones and cupcakes. We can also organize a personalised cake for your special celebration.We are happy to cater for all your needs and requirements and are able to host large parties or family celebrations.Please call 55111 to book your table, we are looking forward to seeing you at Tractors.
cork
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An experience not to be repeated...”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Popped in during short visit to Bantry to visit friends, looked appealing from outside, clearly a rustic theme, decided to take our chances and pop in.

Worst decision we could have made. Food was extremely poor, boardered on inedible. But poor food eclipsed by even worse staff, generally made to feel like inconvience, staff barked replies at you, when asked for recommendations- just sighed and shrugged shoulders. place needs an attitude overhaul. unacceptable, unacceptable,unacceptable!!!!

1 Thank Sandy M
ChristianBarcoe, Owner at Tractors Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Dear Sandy ,
Sorry it took me so long to respond and I am so very sorry that your experience with us was not a positive one.
We are a new restaurant and it has taken me longer than I would of liked to put together a team capable of representing our ethos.I am suprised though that we got it so wrong on this occasion , I would like to assure you that your experience was an exception . We endeavour to do things right at Tractors and pride ourselfs in our food and service , we make every thing in house and use only fresh ingredients, the only thing frozen here is the ice cream, I hope that you can give us another chance to put this right . Regards Christian Barcoe .

We would be happy to see you at Tractors again hoping you would leave happy and if not, I would be personally happy to listen to your suggestions.

Kind regards,
Christian Barcoe

Durrus, Ireland
“Nice food - poor service”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We visited twice in Aug, once as a couple and next as a family of six. Both times we had to wait about ten minutes to get a menu, then another unacceptable wait for the food. First visit was a Monday mid-afternoon, other was a Sunday 3pm with a table booking. Food was tasty and well presented, but could do with more vegetarian choices. Aesthetically a comfortable restaurant.

Cork
“Rude”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

After being seated by the waiter we received no menus until going to the counter and asking for them. During the 20 minutes we were waiting for our order's to be taken, I witnessed three groups of customers enter the restaurant and get served immediately. When I asked a member of staff if we could possibly order I was told that someone would be with us shortly. Eventually after 30 minutes waiting my party and I left whereupon the waiter thanked us and asked us to call again. I doubt it.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank BlankCork
Dear Sir,
I wish to apologise about your recent experience at Tractors, as with any new business we experienced teething problems as we were only open for two weeks at the time of your visit, we were in the process of refining our operating procedures and working out kinks in our service delivery, i appreciate your comments and now that we have been in operation for the past few months we have streamlined our service to our customers.
i hope that you may reconsider and give us another oppurtunity to give you a warm welcome to bantry and to tractors restaurant and hope you have an enjoyable time while dining with us..
“The only place to eat good food in Bantry town.”
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Properly the best burgers in the country. Excellent staff. Nice and relaxed atmosphere to enjoy lunch or an evening meal.

Cork, Ireland
“Good Food and Good Prices”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

recently opened and wish them the best of luck with the future. family style restaurant serving burgers and daily specials, have eaten here a good few times now for both lucy and dinner, pretty good service once they got up and running, bar the usual few opening hiccups but they have been sorted as far as i can see, my fav is the burgers which are worth a try and also the home cut homemade chips are really good, and i whole heartedly recommend the tractors mess, a play on eton mess, for the bold trip the mixed grill, a pure meat feast if i ever saw one, prepare to have the meat sweats after it.
service is friendly and up front, will let you know if you will be waiting, on the nigh i was there it was fully booked and a lot of people were turned away, since i have tried both lunch and evening i have seen they offer two different menus
well worth a stop if in bantry
make sure you bring cash they don't at the moment accept cards - a sign says this is to keep prices down.