“Great home cooked food”

De Barra's Cafe
Ranked #20 of 41 Restaurants in Bantry
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Lovely place to eat in teh Square in Bantry, staff are friendly and helpful. Food is fantastic and always fresh.

2  Thank marieoshea

Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I both enjoyed the fish & chips. Perfectly crispy, light batter, really delicious lunch. The establishment is cozy and comfortable. We noticed a great variety of baked goods available too. Service was not the greatest, as our server decided to take her lunch break at the same time during our visit. Furthermore, the lady who I assume is the owner manager was walking around constantly nannering on about town gossip and overall came across very snooty and obnoxious. The food was lovely though and that is what I am rating my review on. If that lady could learn to zip it once and awhile it would have been a relatively quiet, peaceful fabulous lunch. I recommend this place for delicious food, just bring ear-plugs.

5  Thank TRAVEL_LOVER96
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great spaghetti special. Was nice to staff and they went out of their way to be helpful.

I did not show up with dirty, rude children and expect free babysitting.

3  Thank Denton R
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Had the roast Lunch from the Black board specials. Got the plates after 15min, with paper thin 2 slices of stuffed pork with taste less gravy & over cooked veg. Boiled potatoes were(I think) just out form the microwave which burnt my mouth. Staff were not friendly at all, looked like bunch of head less chickens even though there was only 10 people were for food in the whole restaurant. This is the first time we ate here & would definitely be the last. Cant imagine why people come to dine here unless if it's there first time ....

4  Thank ThunderCork
Reviewed January 8, 2012

chips were raw.
scone was burnt and seriously overpriced and the manager was an ignorant man with no sense of customer service. would not recommend to anyone. horrible experience and no child changing facilities and there was no concern what so ever for child safety. overall a rip off of the highest order.

4  Thank Brid L