“Very good, as usual”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2013

You cant go wrong here. The food is basic but you get a decent choice, huge portions and always steaming hot. I felt however the wine was overpriced at around € 23 a bottle. I will be back.

There are newer reviews for The Snug

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The Snug is snug but the steak is beautiful and worth the visit. As is the pint of guiness to wash it down

Reviewed June 24, 2013

At the suggestion of our B&B host, we went to The Snug for dinner while in Bantry. The pub is aptly named, it is a small place with mostly "snugs" for sitting and dining. We chose to eat at the bar, which had a tree growing out of it :)
What set this restaurant apart for us was the food. The salmon I had was, hands down, the best salmon I had during our 10 day stay in Ireland. I even joked with my husband about needing a moment alone with my dinner! It was fresh, organic, locally-sourced, seasoned and grilled perfectly. My husband had the steak and said it was fantastic as well. Just like the rest of our meals in Ireland, the best aspect of most restaurants there now is that they are embracing the farm-to-table movement in a way that the States is sorely lacking in.
We'd happily return to The Snug any time.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

i have never had a bad meal or experience in this wonderful bar.. the food is always fresh and of a very high standard. you may have to wait to get a table such is the popularity of the place but you never have to wait too long for your food. i highly highly recommend .

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Excellent food - not only tasted good, but was served in a very nobly way. The nicest bar tender in all Ireland. We really enjoyed the lunch. Thank You. Dziękujemy .