“Love Mannings!!”

Ranked #12 of 39 Restaurants in Bantry
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We specialise in the best local food that west Cork has to offer. Our menu includes tasting plates of local cheese and cured meats as well as a great selection of tapas dishes with a local twist. We also stock an extensive range of fine wines and local produce, cheese a speciality.
“Love Mannings!!”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I always call to Mannings when I am in the area... not just to stock up from their wonderful deli but to partake of their wonderful coffee and cakes!!
Had called for coffee on our way to Glengarriff and they very kindly put aside some of the fresh produce for me to collect the following day.
This is a wonderful spot to relax and unwind for morning coffee, lunch or afternoon tea. HIghly recommend a stop off here!!

• Visited December 2011

Dublin, Ireland
“Quirky Shop Worth a stop”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

This is worth a stop a Lovely shop with great stock and a lovely shopping back worth buying to bring home to use for the rest of the year

Visited August 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“REAL Ireland - in a plate of food and a friendly smile.”
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Val, Andrew and Laura have the most remarkable passion and pride in their locality, and this little piece of heaven is testament to that. The selection of local cheeses, meats and chocolates are incredible, all backed up by the friendliest, most professional and passionate staff you could want or imagine. I'm a foodie, but I really couldn't believe that anybody would not thoroughly enjoy this thoroughly! Having visited Manning's for the first time after reading about it in a guide book for Irish artisan food suppliers, I have brought groups here through my work as a tour guide and all my clients have been blown away by the quality that exudes. There are places designed for tourists where you can taste wine and cheese - this isn't one of them, it's the real deal. If you're reading this, you're probably wanting to stay away from the normal tourist route and see the real Ireland. If you're here to see the real Ireland then you're probably going to be in West Cork. TAKE A VISIT TO MANNING'S FOOD EMPORIUM! IT'LL MAKE YOUR HOLIDAY!!

1 Thank neilohuid
San Francisco, California
“Must-Visit for FOODIES!”
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Have you TASTED ireland yet?!

I know , I know, Bantry is so cute, so hard to resist for the friendly folk and cute bayside, but wait--there's more!

Mannings Emporium is so much MORE than a food stop. It's probably going to be the 'thing you remember' from Ireland. Yeah, I'm NYC born and bred, and I know what makes for some delicious cheese and wine---but nothing like my cheese and wine when paired with an ultra friendly couple / friendly uncle-type who has pulled your chair out by the fire...

I mean, what says Ireland, like a brogue and a lovely mulled wine by the christmas log??

And, since I'm such an Ireland fanatic, I've even retraced my own steps here in summertime too--when the open air patio is in full force. Open air wine and cheese in the irish countryside. (aka: heaven.)

If you can find a better 'local' food store, with cheese, wine, chocolates, and so many many many gift baskets that I have *personally* sent to my own grandfather (an Ireland fanatic who has never been to Ireland... I'm sure you know the kind ...) , well, please let me know! But seriously. I can't wait for this store to get the 'online' aspect of their store up so that I can order their cheese and wine and delicious local items via web to nana asap.

My papa opened a gift basket and admitted he might not make it through! Loved providing the indulgence for a man in his 80's

Manning's ....I just don't think it's possible to be disappointed here.

• Visited April 2011
London, United Kingdom
“A gem of a place in a beautiful part of the world”
Reviewed March 27, 2011

A restaurant / cafe, delicatessan, specialist local (and continental) food lover's heaven where there is room to sit down, talk to the owners (who show a passion and real knowledge of nearly everything they sell) and sample their suggestions. We sat down for a meat and cheese board for lunch, were convinced to have a glass of wine and were joined by the person who made the cheese we were eating by the end of lunch - a local who was dropping off his order! This place is an Aladdin's Cave of food, snacks, wine, locally grown coffee (! - the local blend they sell in expertly made capuccinos, lattes - you name it) and many other delights. Brilliant place, attention to detail excellent and the owners couldn't have been friendlier - rock n' Manning's Emporium roll!!!

• Visited March 2011