“Kids welcome!!”
Review of Willie Pa's Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Willie Pa's Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: Irish, Steakhouse, Contemporary, International
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We got a recommendation from David in The Top of The Rock Pod. Pairc to dine here on the evening we arrived,

Form the moment we arrived in the door Pat made our 2 small kids feel welcome! With the blistering heat outside the air con in the dining room was most welcome. We were seated and the kids were provided with colouring pages and crayons, bug thumbs up. Good choices available for kids meals and very reasonable!

We had the steak and it was outstanding, a busy spot but the staff were extremely helpful and friendly and if we are ever down that way again we will go out of our way to dine there again!!

1  Thank Cliona O
naomhcolm, Manager at Willie Pa's Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Cliona O;

It gives us great pleasure here to know that our customers leave this establishment satisfied and contented (even our smallest customers :) ) Thank you for your kind words about the food & service and your comments in relation to my own service. david in the Pod Pairc has also mentioned how happy you were to me! We will hopefully see you here in Willie Pa's in the not too distant future!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We ate out in 'Willie Pa's Steakhouse last weekend and even though I don't usually have steak, decided to have their 'flame grilled' steak. Wow it was amazing, The steak was served with a choice of sauces, and the most delicious out of this world 'Cafe De Parie' butter, you just have to try it!! Also for the serious steak Lovers, there is a 32oz steak on the menu for sharing!!!, now this is something I would love to see. I will definately be recommending Wilie Pa's to my guests and for groups of 4 or more, they also offer FREE taxi service from home to Restaurant return. - I forgot to mention it is reasonable and Willie Pa's offer an early bird at an unbelievable price of E20 for 2 courses. - So forget Gareth Brook head out to Willie Pa's for a steak nite to remember!!!!! - for me yes we will be back!!!!

2  Thank josephinewalsh

josephinewalsh;

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a fantastic and flattering review. It gives myself and my staff great pleasure to know that what we offer here is so appreciated by a customer, especially a customer who is living locally such as yourself. Tripadvisor is used regularly by tourists all year round but is growing significantly among the local diners also. It is good for them to see a local recommending a local establishment with such commendation and regard. Thank you for your comments on the 32oz Rib Eye, it really is a sight to behold! And the people of West Cork are gradually beginning to get a soft spot for the Café De Paris butter :) Hope to see you here in Colomane soon!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Went to Willie Pa's a few times before and was always delighted by the service and food. Then it closed and was up for sale, but thankfully, has reopened under new ownership. Food was lovely, service excellent. You go to the bar first, where you are given the menu, can then relax with a drink by the fireplace while the meal is prepared. The dining room is comfortable and pleasantly decorated. Staff very helpful, all special requests were catered for to the best of their ability.

1  Thank Suzanne M

Suzanne M;

I am delighted you enjoyed your experience here in Colomane so much. We are big fans of relaxed dining here and we feel our library room offers the ideal location for guests to relax pre and post dining with a tipple of choice from our bar. Best wishes to you and hopefully you might join us again in the not too distant future!

Regards,

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We chose this location simply by researching eateries around Bantry and chose Willy Pa's purely based on reviews. I didn't expect it to live up to expectations but what we experienced was out of this world. We were celebrating a very special occasion. We were greeted on entry by who I presume was the manager and seated in a very homely sitting room type area of the bar.
I had the soup starter, very good and ordered steak main course. I couldn't believe the presentation and quality of the food in this establishment. I can easily say it was the best steak I have ever been presented with and at 16:50 excellent value. We had a selection of beautiful creamy mash, veg and homemade chips on the side. I hadn't room for much more but after that experience I had to order dessert. I had the strawberry eton mess and my wife had the hot brownie. Again 10/10 . I haven't experienced anything like Willy Pa's for ticking all the boxes, food, service, atmosphere, cleanliness, charm and presentation. Well done to all staff in this eaterie for giving us an amazing experience. The finest food in west Cork.

2  Thank Liam B

Liam B;

Thank you so much for your kind review. Your compliments on the food are greatly appreciated! We pride ourselves on our steak and getting feedback such as this means the world to us! Congratulations again on what was a very special day for you and your significant other(s) ;) Hope to see you in West Cork again sooner rather than later!

Kind Regards & Best Wishes for the future;

Reviewed June 17, 2014

It was a tough challenge - to feed 21 hungry, food-loving French friends (+ 4 English) - but I needn't have worried; everything was perfect!
The bar was a great space to relax and take an aperitif before the meal.
I'm sure I would have enjoyed any one of the dishes on the menu. Great food and plenty of it, at the right price.
I'll make a point of revisiting next time I'm in Ireland.
Thank you Pat Kiely and Pat Murnane, we're all very happy.

3  Thank Rupert-4
naomhcolm, Manager at Willie Pa's Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Rupert-4

When I received a phone call from you that morning to say that 30 French and English hungry motorcyclists were coming, I was thrilled! Nervous, but thrilled :) I have to say the Frogplod 2014 was a pleasure to have hosted in this establishment. Thanks for taking the time to write a review and I look forward to seeing the Frogplod 2016 here in West Cork!!

Meilleurs vœux (Best Wishes)