“OUTSTANDING”

O'Connors Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 39 Restaurants in Bantry
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is a very stylish restaurant. With modern decor. This is the perfect place to bring your family or business associate. We also have a private dining room.
Cork
“OUTSTANDING”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

There are no words to describe the awsome dining experience which we incured in O' Connors Of Bantry this past weekend. Myself and my three friends booked a table and were lucky enough to get a booth in the back of the restaurant. The decor is OUTSTANDING. It is so comfortable we just didn't want to leave.
I saw a sign recently for a restaurant in Cok city which claimed to have the best seafood chowder in the County...I beg to differ. O' Connors is OUTSTANDING.
The four of us ate different dishes. I personally had the Cod dish and guess what...OUTSTANDING. :-)
Over all the service was second to none, the food was OUTSATANDING, and the wine was also fab.
I can't wait to go back!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank grainnemcork
Daniel O, Manager at O'Connors Seafood Restaurant, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Good Afternoon,

Many Thanks for taking the time to write a review, all reviews are very much appreciated, as it is only through good and bad feedback we can strive to keep our standards and service and a very high level.

If ever back in Bantry in the near future, please do call in to see us.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Regards,

kildare
“learn to buy good cuts of meat”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

No to atmosphere, we were put in a box room, but glad we were, when i had to go down two flights of stairs to the ladies and found the main restaurant was extremely hot. No to good food, my chicken was almost the same dish you get in KFC but it was nice. My husband got a piece of Steak! that was so tough that even with his steak knife he could not cut it. (chief must of noticed how bad the cut was.)so we have learned our lesson never eat meat in a seafood restaurant.No to service,The waitstaff told my husband the steak was tough because it was well done, no manager came to talk to us and no one apologized, how rude! He did get another steak after i was long finished my meal and wonder of wonder the well done steak was perfect.Poor Bantry if this is the service they get when they go out for a meal.Show some respect to your customer please and maybe even smile when you serve them.

1 Thank moser1
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback. All feedback is greatly appreciated & taken on board.

I would like for you to return to O'Connors and experience what we really are about.

Kind regards,

Kilkenny, Kilkenny, Ireland
“Brilliant restaurant with gorgeous food ...A must visit in Bantry !”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Been a few weeks since we stayed here now and never really wite reviews on here but really have to give people an honest account of our visit to O'Connors when we stayed in Bantry in October.

It is hands down one of the nicest seafood restaurants I have ever eaten in and me and my partner both absolutely love seafood and allways seek out the best when we are away for the weekend so know our seafood. I can't beleive this is only number 11 in this list of Bantry restaurants as it is outstanding and I cannot beleive some of the negative reviews maybe it was under different management or something then.

The restaurant itself has a real luxurious look about it when you walk in and is spotless, lovely pictures line the walls and the ambience is just perfect for a meal...The manager who's name was Daniel greeted us warmly when we walked in and sat us down taking time to speak to us for a bit which was nice and made us feel at home. We took advantage of the early brid menu the first night which was an absolute steal at €50 ...We had a wild boar black pudding starter which was sublime and just a seafood pie for our main which again was out of this world just so gorgeous. The wine list is extensive and we took the advice of our waiter whos choice of wine was spot on we really ahd no negative aspect to report at all from our meal everything was perfect , it was so perfect that instead of going somewhere different on the second night we came again and again were treated so well.

On the second night after a delicious tiger prawn salad starter we took the plunge and ordered some lobster and it was so the right choice as it was a high class dish and would not looked out of place on a michelin menu and was just mouth wateringly good ( we later found out in our hotel that the chef here is of Michelin pedigree so maybe that explains the standard of food). The dinner was superb and when relaxing with an after dinner brandy the chef actually stopped to chat to us as he walked through the restaurant and recommended that if we wanted to soak up a bit of Bantrys lively nightlife that we head to the Quays bar next door where a live band were playing. Taking his advice we did and had a great night.

All in all I cannot recommend this place highly enough I know that it is Bantry born Graham Nortons restaurant of choice when he comes home and now we know why. My only negative is that it is hidden away down in Bantry because a restaurant of this standard would clean up in Kilkenny where we live but it now gives us an excuse to go back and I can't wait till we do. Just try the place when your down here and you will know exactly what I am talking about..... First class dining at a brilliant price.

D.Grummell - Kilkenny

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Daniel G
Daniel O, Manager at O'Connors Seafood Restaurant, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Good Afternoon Daniel,

Well, firstly i would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a lenghty review on our restaurant, Its always so nice to read such positive feedback,

I was very happy to read that you and your partner had such a great experience and returned to us twice on your visit.

Please do make sure to call into us again when in Bantry & we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards again many thanks for your review.

Daniel O' Sullivan
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, service and ambience”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Having read some of the reviews on here, I thought it fair to share our (my wife & I) experience as it was excellent. The service was great with the owner very personable and engaging which complimented the food and the quality. We took advantage of the Early Bird Menu and the steak was beautiful with lovely thick cut chips and jus to compliment our orders.

Would definitily recommend and revisit.

1 Thank Colesy79
Daniel O, General Manager at O'Connors Seafood Restaurant, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
Good Evening,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit & Meal at O'Connors.

We do hope to see you with us again soon.

Kind Regards,

home
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Staff badly needs a customer care course. The girl that served us was very badly mannered. The starter was lovely. The main course was not great.

4 Thank bebcoffey
Daniel O, General Manager at O'Connors Seafood Restaurant, responded to this review, October 8, 2011
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. All feed back is greatly appreciated, and all staff are constantly been given customer care training.

I do hope you will return to us in the future and that we can give you a better experience here at O'Connors.

Kind regards,