“Westlodge Hotel Review by Hugh Nicol, Scotland”
Review of Westlodge Hotel

Westlodge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bantry
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Westlodge Hotel Review by Hugh Nicol, Scotland”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Spent 4 nights here in September, 2012 during a coach tour. Prior to our holiday we read reviews of the Hotel and were extremely concerned because of the mainly poor reviews of the Hotel. Our experience was in complete contrast to these poor reviews. We found the room clean, the staff very friendly and the food was excellent. Would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
John Paul C, General Manager at Westlodge Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Hugh,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Westlodge Hotel.

I am delight to hear that your experience was a good one and that you found our staff friendly and that the food was excellent. If I can be of any service in the future, please just let me know and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to The Westlodge Hotel again.

Kind Regards,

johnpaul@westlodgehotel.ie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
London
Reviewed November 14, 2012

What a wonderful place to stay, such lovely staff that were so welcoming and so helpful. Lovely family run hotel. Perfect location, Bantry is such a quaint town, picturesque and pretty. Room was such great value. Large room, clean and comfortable and the breakfast was amazing! Will definately stay here again. Perfect location to visit all the beautiful places that southern Ireland has to offer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
John Paul C, General Manager at Westlodge Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted to hear that your over all experience of our hotel and staff, and indeed Bantry Town was a great one. Bantry really is the perfect base to tour West Cork.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westlodge Hotel sooner rather than later and thank you again for the positive feedback.

Yours Sincerely,

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice friendly hotel just outside Bantry. Under new Management. Bedrooms are a bit dated but very clean. They would definately do with being modernised. Breakfast was average and the tables were not too well laid out. No spoons and milk one morning and no salt and butter the next. All the Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
John Paul C, General Manager at Westlodge Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. Yes the hotel is under new Management, with myself having just started recently.

We do have a bit of work planned over the coming months but I am delighted to hear that you found the staff friendly and helpful and also that the bedrooms were clean, the staff really are what makes The Westlodge Hotel a home from home. Breakfast has had a make over since your last visit and also a few tweaks here and there through out the hotel.

I look forward to seeing you return to The Westlodge Hotel again and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Best Regards..

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend break recently with another couple and had one of the worst meals of my life. i ordered the quiche and couldn't even eat it. The whole hotel is in need of a major revamp and is like going back in time to the 70's.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank claire09Kildare

Travelers are raving about these Bantry hotels

Cork
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here recently. Was not expecting much going by the reviews previously but was pleasntly suprised with the Hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff, the room was clean and comfortable with a nice powerfull shower but other then that very basic. Cooked breakfasts which i had on the first morning seemed undercooked so i avoided this the next day. Other then that a nice hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Coach holiday (GB TOURS).Excellent Driver/Courier,Comfortable Coach,Beautiful Hotel.
Spectacular Scenery.In fact it was PERFECT!!! Bantry Bay was in itself is a beautiful place
with lot to see and do,also lots of small islands easily accessible by short ferry rides across the bay,plus Beautiful BANTRY HOUSE,a Wonderful place to explore.

Room Tip: Rooms on Front of Hotel were SPACIER
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Waterford
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My Husband and I stayed at this hotel 28/09/12, and oh my god I felt that we were on some sort of candid camera show, The reception staff could not have been nicer, but that is the only thing going for this so called Hotel. The rooms are mediocre at best, and the Restaurant, I don't know where to start. Firstly there were a few couples dotted aroung the dining room, and in a raised platform area, there were a lovely family of about twenty seated , where were we seated?, not as you would expect at one of the tables around the room, but right next to the large group. THE FOOD, never in my life have I been served such bad food, the starter which came from a 1970's menu of melon, prawns in marie rose sauce i need not go on. I ordered the prawns I thought you can't go wrong, boy was I mistaken, rubber prawns and tomato sauce. Next I ordered a steak, even now writing this the memory is making me gag, the steak must have been boiled in some strange flavoured water which was still floating on my plate, this was accomanied by a mound of also boiled onion, I have never seen so many onions on one plate. We were then given a side of carrot, broccoli and some sort of concoction of mixed potato and onion, you can see the theme here, this mixture of potato and onion were the most dreadful thing I have ever tasted, and you have to remember I had already taken a bite from the meat on my plate. When my dish was cleared from the table uneaten, and I told the waiter how bad it was he smiled at me. We relayed this information to the Receptionist the next morning and she was very apologetic, but we still paid the fee of €191.50 for the pleasure..
I will never be back as this was at best a joke, I cannot believe in this day and age, people think it is acceptable to charge people restaurant prices for school dinner food, and I am being unkind to school dinners. Jennifer, Waterford.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jenniferpwaterford
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bantry
Maritime Hotel
#1 of 3 in Glengarriff
The West Cork Hotel
The West Cork Hotel
#1 of 1 in Skibbereen

Been to Westlodge Hotel? Share your experiences!