“Amazing Italian Food”
Review of Albergo Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Albergo Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Grill
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: When you visit Albergo Italian Restaurant, you're in for a treat. Experience our famous wood fired pizza, hand made pasta, juicy char grilled meats, the freshest locally caught seafood or any of our other mouth watering dishes as well as our extensive collection of wines from around the world.
Reviewed March 29, 2014

So glad that there is finally a nice restaurant to eat in in Skibbereen. The food here is so delicious and fresh and there is a great selection on the menu including a kids menu. They are known for their amazing pizza but I have to say the meatballs were amazing too. Great atmosphere and Italian feel to the place and the staff are very friendly. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone, you will not be disappointed with the food and the great value.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

well what can i say about this place ... absolutely fantastic whats the Italian for that ? The food is beyond all expectations ! The carbonara was great ... the bucket of chips complemented the glass of authentic red wine which was recommended by the mannerly staff that couldn't make my visit any better. Albergo is a taste of Italy in the quaint setting of Skibbereen . Ciao

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Came here in March with a group of girls on a Saturday night, 7 of us in total. We had booked, luckily as it was very busy and they only have about 10 tables. I had a risotto from the specials, others had cajun salmon fillet, a wood fired pizza, crusted cod, lasagne, carbonara... and we all shared some cheesy breadsticks and a focaccia bread. The food was absolutely AMAZING. Presentation, flavour combinations, everything! You can really see the care and attention that goes into every part of every dish and I love the whole open kitchen idea, you can see them working away and you can even see the flames in the wood oven! The service was very good, a friendly young waiter, they could probably have done with maybe one more though.. We also had wine which was very nice, Italian of course.. This is a great little bistro and I would highly recommend to anyone.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I visited Albergo with a group of friends and I can't say enough about it. The food was amazing, service was great and it was great value. We loved it so much we went back again the next night.
The restaurant was lovely and warm, the setting was beautiful (a real Italian feel), and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful - we even got an opportunity to chat to the owner (a friendly, young, family man)
I can't wait to visit again on my next visit to Skibbereen! Best of luck in the future!

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I visited Albergo this month (Feb) twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. Both times we had excellent food, front of house staff were very friendly, the restaurant was immaculately clean and the atmosphere was warm and comforting. When you first walk in it's like strolling through a little part of the Amalfi Coast (you'll see what I mean when you do it!). They have italian music playing softly in the background, a fire lit at the front entrance and a stove in the main restaurant giving the place a nice, cosy feel. This type of establishment has been badly needed in Skibbereen for a long time, it is unlike any other restaurant in town and offers great variety for good prices. Lastly I just want to mention the quality of the food. When eating out I am always weary of where the food comes from and how good the quality of it is. Here my mind is always put at ease because you can see the high standards of quality they set by just looking at the food on the plate - and that's before you taste it!