“The best family holiday we've ever had!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skibbereen
Grove House and Courtyard Cottages
Ranked #1 of 12 Skibbereen B&B and Inns
Kildare, Ireland
“The best family holiday we've ever had!”
Reviewed August 20, 2010

We stayed in Lassenroe Cottage in August and it was wonderful. The cottage had everything we needed, beautifully furnished and kitted out. My kids were over the moon with Sky Plus and I reached new heights of joy listening to BBC Radio 4 in the hot tub in the early morning sunshine! The cottage is also on the edge of a forest, great for short walks. The owners are extemely welcoming and helpful and you believe them when they say you can ring about anything, anytime.
This was our first time in West Cork and we were all seduced, even our teenage sons. Skibbereen is a great town, has everything we needed. We also loved our trip out to Cape Clear from Baltimore, Loch Hyne (be sure to climb up the hill there, the view is spectacular and worth the effort), Schull, swimming in Barley Cove and the drive out to Mizen Head, (even thought the bridge is closed until the end of the year). can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank catriokane

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Beautiful cottage, suitable for family or couple, hot tub excellent, home away from home, full satellite tv, could not have wanted for anything,

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Stayed in cottage 2 with my girlfriend for 2 nights. The cottages were beautiful with all mod-cons. Service was excellent. We forgot some clothing and the staff went beyond the call of duty to get them back to us.

Ballyclare, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2010

We stayed in Lasanroe Barn in July 2010. When we arrived we called at Grove House to get the key and directions, David & Anna where there and we found them very warm and friendly. The Barn was a short drive and when we got there we found everything to be just perfect, they had left us a bottle of wine to enjoy in the hot tub some milk in the fridge & tea and coffee. The barn is fully kitted out with cooking utensils and plates etc. even salt & pepper. It is as nicely furnished as your own home and very modern too, basically everyhing is as in the discription on their website. They had the hot tub ready and up to temperature and we spent the first evening in the hot tub drinking wine & champagne. I would throughly recommend this place to any couple needing some relaxing quality time togther with a bit of romance thrown in? The place is also suited to have two couples staying but that might spoil the romance because the jacuzzi bath and hot tub are so nice it was better to have them to yourself and they where also very private. The barn is a few miles outside Skibbereen but you can get a taxi into town. We stayed mid week so the town was quite quiet, but we did go to the Paragon for a bite to eat, we had steak and chips and a couple of drinks the service was good and we got a free desert which was unexpected but very nice. We also hired bikes and cycled around the area, the cycle routes are well marked and the roads are fairly quiet. Definately the best way to take in the scenery. I would throughly recommended this holiday to anyone looking for a relaxing break in the South of Ireland!

Ireland
Reviewed July 27, 2010

What an amazing spot this is. We stayed in Cottage Number 2, and got the warmest welcome from Anna & Peter, our two hosts (with a gift of an umbrella for the wedding I was attending on that torrential Friday).
The cottage itself was simply fabulous. Gorgeous decor, beautiful 'sunken' bed, fabulous jacuzzi bath. The welcome folder goes through everything you need to know about the cottages and Grove House, as well as Skibereen itself.
My only disappointment was not being able to sample Grove House itself - as we were attending a wedding and the day after a wedding, we were otherwise engaged. I would love to have sampled the 'Honesty Bar' and the locally sourced cuisine I read so much about.
I will definitely be back to try another of the cottages. If one is looking for a quiet, serene, relaxing environment, look no further.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 16, 2010

This was my second time to stay here and it was amazing!Myself and my boyfriend had a fantastic time and would recommend for anyone to go!Its a must stay in Cork!!Anna and Peter are fabulous hosts and leave no detail out!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I arrived and found the accomodation sub standard - tatty and dated generally. When I asked to cancel the remaining days booked, I was referred to the "booking policy" and told that my money was forfeited. I subsequently took legal action, and was awarded the balance of my booked stay and expenses.
I would advise anyone staying there to carefully inspect the terms and conditions before travel - the booking terms ensure you have a "one way" ticket.
From reading trip advisor this appears to have happened before to one client.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Ceebee20
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skibbereen
Maritime Hotel
Casey's of Baltimore, Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery

Been to Grove House and Courtyard Cottages? Share your experiences!