“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Concha Seafood Restaurant - CLOSED

La Concha Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Castletownshend
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Spacious, modern layout. V friendly service. Excellent menu and superb food. Loved the spicy calamari.

Cork, Ireland
“I must visit restaurant in Old Skibbereen.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I called in for lunch on Thursday last, after having been told it was very good. We were not disappointed. From the moment we walked through the door, we were made to feel welcome, with attentive and friendly staff.

My wife had fresh prawns on brown bread, with a salad and seafood sauce. I had cod goujons, with fries, and a small salad. The cod and fries were beautifully cooked and the batter was perfect; light and crisp. We will be back - For dinner, next time.

1 Thank terryc894
dublin
“Anybody who likes good seafood must go to this restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was staying in skibbereen for two nights with my family 3 young kids 8,6,8 months we seen a review and went to check it out as we all love seafood.Nicola was our waitress and could not be more helpful the children's menu didn't suit my little ones taste so we asked for half portions of the adult mains wow no problem it was done . We have been refused this in other places but not here fantastic service the food was amazing and the price was very good for the food we got this was the first night we went!! The next night we were 40 km away when my 8 yr old asked to go back as he wanted what mam had the night before the creamy seafood pasta so we drove back and this time myself and the wife got the seafood platter Omg 16 different fish plus crab, prawn etc crazy good what a night. The chef and owner came out to speak to us as it was our second night there.if you like good seafood and you have a car drive to this place you won't be sorry.

Cork, Ireland
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I had been dying to try this restaurant out since it opened. I had heard amazing reviews from friends, family and from the radio!! Fish was exceptional, wine was superb, service A1. Lived up to everything I had heard and you don't have to break the bank!!

“Disappointing night out”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband and I went to this restaurant on 20th August while holidaying in Skibbereen. We had always visited its predecessor, Le Voyage when in that neck of the woods and unfortunately La Concha is a poor replacement. Our waitress gave us the menus but didn't tell us that there were any specials - we subsequently spotted a specials board half obscured by another couple's table and apologised while we peered over them at it - there was another board in a different part of the restaurant which wasn't visible from our table. We ordered water and wine from our waitress, neither of which had appeared by the time our starters had arrived. We asked again and when she brought the wine it had already been uncorked, we weren't asked if we'd like to taste it and we had to turn our wine glasses the right way up. The starters of crab and smoked mackerel were fine but the bread accompanying them was let down by rock hard butter still wrapped in foil - surely a butter dish wouldn't be too much of a stretch? The main course, black sole was well cooked but was accompanied by frozen chips and a very bog standard green salad - very disappointing that there was no effort to make handcut chips. Desserts were edible but bland, in particular the dark chocolate marquise. The atmosphere was quite cold and unwelcoming and there was no background music. While prices were not over the top, the service was dreadful and food quality not up too scratch (other than the black sole). All in all a rather dull restaurant and dull food.

3 Thank Claire_Merrion