An Chistin Beag
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed in Skibbereen last weekend and had the good sense to book a table here weeks ahead of time. Lovely little restaurant with equally lovely staff. The best steak dinner I've had in years, on the day I proposed to my fiancée! One day we'll drive the 350 odd miles to visit Skibbereen and Sherkin Island again and this will be the only restaurant we eat in.

2  Thank Leftturnclyde

Reviewed July 4, 2014

The service, food and atmosphere here are always spot on, price wise it is great value for money, they have a lovely menu and wine list, the desserts are to die for!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Best meal we've had in Ireland. Main was accompanied by large portion of fresh vegetables. Recommend making reservations on weekends, or arriving early as restaurant is small. Service staff was excellent.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

A family run restaurant.Great home cooking.Not too expensive.A great choice.Friendly staff.Mussels to die for.

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

I was wandering around town with my friends on a day trip and happened along this friendly restaurant. We were immediately greeted by a very friendly waitress asking if we'd like some drinks before ordering our food! As we were deciding what to order we noticed her bouncing around to the other tables which we presumed were all locals, chatting and making sure that everything was alright. I ordered a steak sandwich and my friends both ordered the vegetarian lasagna. Portion sizes were perfect and the food was amazing. One of my friends even asked me to try some of her lasagna as it was "melting in her mouth". Now as good as our main course was we all ordered malteser cheesecake for dessert which I must say was the lightest, tastiest cheesecake I have ever eaten. Top notch restaurant, left feeling like you've made a friend by the waitress looking after us. Great place.