“Cosy Restaurant ”

An Chistin Beag
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Skibbereen
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cork
“Cosy Restaurant ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

I was wandering around town with my friends on a day trip and happened along this friendly restaurant. We were immediately greeted by a very friendly waitress asking if we'd like some drinks before ordering our food! As we were deciding what to order we noticed her bouncing around to the other tables which we presumed were all locals, chatting and making sure that everything was alright. I ordered a steak sandwich and my friends both ordered the vegetarian lasagna. Portion sizes were perfect and the food was amazing. One of my friends even asked me to try some of her lasagna as it was "melting in her mouth". Now as good as our main course was we all ordered malteser cheesecake for dessert which I must say was the lightest, tastiest cheesecake I have ever eaten. Top notch restaurant, left feeling like you've made a friend by the waitress looking after us. Great place.

Dublin, Ireland
“Delightful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

My Husband and I dinned here during a short stay in Skibbereen. We were both very impressed with the quality of the food and the service. The range is limited but for me that is a good thing because enables focus on quality instead. The proprietor had to turn away several people that Thursday evening so it is obviously a popular spot - book ahead! We were accidentally served two espressos rather than a tea and an espresso at the end of the meal, but we were such happy campers we didn't mind!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Louise B
Waterford
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Food was delicious. Excellent service. Had the burger and my wife had the curry, would highly recommend a visit to this restaurant.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank VeeMee15
Westward Ho, United Kingdom
“Nice Food, Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Made a reservation and they fitted all 10 of us in without an issue, was very impressed with the food, very tasty, the only slight moan would be about their fries, they were a bit smal and thin, needed a spoon to scoop alot of it up, also the fact they are selling wine but don't sell beers, slightly strange but may be a license issue.

• Visited May 2014
Kendal, United Kingdom
“'The Little Kitchen' -a little gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Skibbereen is not over-endowed with good places to eat but thank goodness for An Chistin Beag. The menu is varied with interesting vegetarian options. Food is fresh, well-cooked and beautifully presented without being pretentious and service comes with lovely smiles. Devilled crab bake with mashed potato...mmmmm! Dinner on Thurs-Sunday -it can get busy, so book a table and don't mind the wait.

Visited May 2014