“Great breakfast, Great Value”
Review of Benedict's

Benedict's
Ranked #12 of 29 Restaurants in Skibbereen
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Friendly family cafe. Homemade cakes, freshly ground coffee from only €1.00 Euro. Full Irish breakfast served all day. Selection of different breakfasts, including French toast, poached and scrambled eggs and crepes. Freshly made to order thick cut sandwiches, toasties, paninis, baguettes. Homemade soups, and special of the day. Evening meals prepared for holiday makers. Outside catering and special occasion cakes available.
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Dropped in on Saturday for breakfast , my girlfriend and I were very satisfied with the food, service and value for money. We plan to return the next time we're in skibbereen.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Had an excellent well cooked breakfast, service very good with really nice people running it. Will be back.

1  Thank John W
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I have been a satisfied customer here for about four years now. I never miss a chance to taste their delicious coffee whenever I am in town. They have recently extended their menu and the Lasagne with Salad and Garlic Bread is simply to die for. All the food is home made and the Lasagne is flavoured to perfection.
All ages are catered for and there is a high chair available for babies.
I have noticed that a lot of people are fast becoming regulars as the friendliness and hospitality, as well as the prices are well worth revisiting.
All in all I would highly recommend this cafe. If you call in make sure you say hello to me; I'll definitely be there!

1  Thank Kim O
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My boyfriend and I had soup and coffee at EJ's, and we were amazed how good the food was for the very affordable price! A bowl of homemade roasted vegetable soup with bread for 3 euros, and an Americano for 1 euro! Usually prices in Ireland are much, much more than this, so it was a nice suprise! The soup was so good that we actually ordered a 3rd bowl to split between the two of us. The staff (the owners, I pressume..) were very friendly and had a nice little chat with us for a few minutes. Will definitely come back when in Skibbereen.

1  Thank Amanda H
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Ej's Coffee Bar has lovely food and great prices but the service is SHOCKING. My first visit was a good and a bad experience. I was the only one inside there and there was a woman in her 30/40s with dark hair on a computer and I waited nearly 20 minutes for her to actually get up and serve me. The next time I came in, I was being served by a blonde woman and she was brilliant but then another costumer came in while she was making my food and another member of staff (it was a male) actually said to customer "I will serve you when I'm finished my coffee". I actually thought that was shocking service. And whenever I am in there, theres a girl working (she looks about 18-20 and is really thing) who's eyes are always really red. She's either sick when I go in or on something. Either way, thats not good to have in a cafe. Other that that its fantastic food and prices.

4  Thank Charlotte O