“2nd visit ... won't be my last”
Review of Liss Ard Estate

Liss Ard Estate
Ranked #3 of 12 Skibbereen B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 13, 2012

this was my 2nd visit this year, very relaxing and enjoyable, and why wouldn't it be? Good food, wine, lit fires, EXCELLENT service by the team there. (Welcome to Melanie the new manager)
I would recommend if dining trying the steak... It is beautiful; my only grip is my dining companion had chosen the steak option for his meal and not me! Compliments to both the chef Tina and the farmer Tom Walsh.
We stayed 2 days.. Sampling the unique pleasures of West Cork’s Markets.
1 Bantry market – every Friday, everything sold from olives to china tea sets. Think random, this is it market homeplace.
2 Skibbereen Market – more organized with a good variety also enjoyable.
Both markets are very friendly, my pocket is depleted!

I look forward to returning...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DellaRoache

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Having spent a weekend here with my wife, I cannot recommend it highly enough. From my first dealings with Holly, to the staff of the house and Melanie, the manager, I found their friendliness and helpfulness absolutely faultless. We had dinner in the house both nights and the food was fantastic. The grounds were ideal for us for running and walking and the house itself, with its open fires, drawing room, TV room and open atmosphere made for a truly enjoyable experience. If you are looking for a quiet romantic relaxing break, the Liss Ard ticks all the boxes.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My parents, sister and I and DaisyBoo the family dog all stayed here for 2 nights in mid October and had such a great weekend! Arthur and his staff provided a wonderful welcome on arrival and gave us a tour of the house. It's so beautifully furnished and so comfortable that I'm really looking forward to going back in the coming months. My sister and I stayed in one of the rooms in a Mews Cottage beside the main house because it's pet friendly (the fact that it's pet friendly is a huge bonus!) My parents had a suite in the main house which they adored. The food is gorgeous and locally sourced. There's plenty of rooms to relax in and also an 'honesty' bar if you fancy a beverage while doing so. A masseuse is available in the main house (I had a really great massage) and the grounds are filled with loads of paths etc for walking. It's close to Skibbereen town and beach so ideal for a family trip. I highly recommend it as do my family.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We LOVED this amazing place...so relaxing we forgot we weren't at home! The rooms are gorgeous and sooooo comfy. The sitting rooms are conducive to chilling out and the food is wonderful. Patrick could not have looked after us better! The only negative was the wooden floors in the mews which allow for thoughtless guests or staff to make a racket coming in and out...slippers at the door or a runner on the stairs recommended!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed recently for a weekend as part of our anniversary celebrations and had a wonderful relaxing time. The manager takes the time to make his guests feel welcome and has imbued his small staff with the same standard which makes all the difference.
Our room was larger than most 4/5 star country house hotels we have stayed in and very comfortable. The dining room has a convivial atmosphere with good fresh local produce but a very limited menu.
The reading/drawing rooms are comfortable & the very small bar operates on an honour system.
The gardens are large and ok for a ramble but need a significant overhaul.
Would we recommend Liss Ard to friends & return...definitely yes.
P & M O'Reilly Dublin

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed in the Main House for three nights earlier this month. Liss Ard is a special place with a beautiful setting, great location and fascinating scenery. The rooms were spotless and comfortable, the dinners and breakfasts delicious and the staff particularly welcoming and friendly. We truly did feel like family.

This is a work in progress with the extensive property, buildings, gardens, lake and walks. We had a tour with Arthur and were impressed with his affection for the property and his vision of what it can become. While we were there, Liss Ard hosted an evening event as part of the Taste of West Cork Food Festival. It was a terrific chance to meet people from the area, to understand some of their history and opportunities and to enjoy excellent local food.

Guests will find all the creature comforts at Liss Ard, at very reasonable prices, but will also find an experience far beyond the ordinary.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank petersharpe
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We spent a week at Liss Ard earlier this month. The house is lovely, and situated in beautiful grounds. However, there is still room for improvement; in particular, it was hard to find staff to serve us tea (or even give us some mile) on several occasions, or to check out on the final day, and the dinner menu hardly changed over the week.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple