Liss Ard Estate
  • Pool
Seaview House Hotel(Ballylickey)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewslake lodgethe main housewest corkdrawing roomhidden gemmews roomsweather was fantasticmanor housefour nightsstunning locationmobility issuesamazing placeweekend breakfrom start to finishspecial thanksbeautiful roomout of this world
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 5, 2012

My daughter and I spent time at Liss Ard in February 2012. Everything about the estate is perfection: staff, grounds, house, food. Top rate in every way. Highly recommend spending time here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bbannar
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Loved this hotel, I stayed two nights a sunday though to tuesday and with a bit of off season luck had the whole house to myself. All public spaces are set up as if you are visiting friends with a large country home. Clean, crisp white walls covered with modern art work, and wide plank wood floors are completed with large victorian windows and high ceilings. Views from the house are magnificent. Grounds do not disappoint either with a modern living art installation, "The Irish sky garden" is an earth and stone work crater created by famed artist James Turrell as ground's center piece. Staff are friendly and helpful, I had a cottage room off the courtyard with views of the walled garden and sheep. Modern and sleek designed, I felt right at home. Its a shame one of these isnt dotted all over Ireland, as this is exactly what I had hoped to find on my Journey. Absolutely do ask about the History of the house, from Famine to international intrigue... its a great story ..

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent, as I had a chance to view several of them. Large room in the main house is only better because of size. and it would have been nice to slip in and out of the library in my PJ's .. loafing is encouraged by staff ..
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank JoshuaSims
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This place is fabulous. The house is beatiful - modern and cool but not fussy or pretentious. The grounds and setting are also wonderful. Nothing is too much trouble and the people are lovely. Food and wine were first class too. A must-visit

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the house for four nights in all and had a fantastic time. Very quiet luxury spot for a very reasonable price. Food is excellent if a little limited in range but none the weaker for that - breakfast is especially good as was the steak. The location is ideal for exploring West Cork though you needn't ever leave the estate if you don't want to. Seems well set up too for families. Can't recommend it enough. Staff very pleasant and helpful and the lounging rooms are fab.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main house are better but you pay more.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ronan_om
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We stayed at on Liss Ard Estate in the Country House a week ago with our 2 children. The children were enthralled from start to finish! Once we were settled into our bedroom we set off to discover the grounds! There is so much to see, 50 acre lake, nature trails, petit beach, mature trees, unusual plants and that is only to mention a few! We then saw the CRATER! Wow what an expereince, we got there at dusk and it was magical, mysterious, unusual and a must see. It is apparently the only crater in Europe created by James Turrell.
We ate dinner and it was superb local food, everything was from only miles away! Breakfast was also perfect Irish food cooked with lots of love!
Don't worry if you forget outdoor gear, wellies/coats are all there, torches for an evening stroll and picnics for a fine day! This is a hidden gem and we will be back. All 4 of us had a ball!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family