“Complete Bliss”

The West Cork Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Skibbereen
Reviewed January 22, 2014

we stayed here on 11th January. We had gotten an afternoon tea on arrival with B&B. On arrival the girls on the desk where very welcoming and we checked in early our room was gorgeous, massive bed and lovely decor and then we spent a few hours around Skibbereen shopping they have fabulous shops there. We came back for our afternoon tea and it was set up in front of the fire with china and all very posh, and it was served to us by a lovely lady, we really enjoyed this. We went out for dinner to the Paragon up town our meal was devine. Breakfast the next morning was served by the same lady who did our afternoon tea and must say breakfast was one of the nicest i ever tasted. the whole experience was 10 out of 10, the service, cleanliness, slept like a log.
I would really like to come back here and id say we will book for maybe April time.
Skibbereen is a gem of a town with so much to offer.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I attended a wedding here in July of 2012 in the region of 130 guests. As management in another 4 star West Cork property I was very much surprised at the level of quality for both food & the staff which provided it. A job very well done.

I wish you the best as you continue to grow both your business & custom.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed for two nights had a wonderful time . The hotel was very nice and the staff were very helpful and friendly . The food was of a very high standard and plenty of it .The bed rooms were bright and very clean . The beds were so comfortable and warm . I am going to book again for March .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Lovely stay here the lobby and bar are very pretty and the rooms were comfortable with views to river, breakfast also very nice. The staff were very pleasant also. Would recommend for a short stop over like ours...............................

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I booked a double room for one night and requested a blanket and a sheet on my bed, when we went to our room sure enough the bed was made up as I requested, unlike a hotel in Knightsbridge, London. There they gave me a duvet cover (as a sheet!) and a blanket to make up the bed myself! We have had their "early bird" dinner on several occasions - €23 for 3 courses + a glass of wine. Very enjoyable meals every time. The staff couldn't be more helpful. I strongly recommend this hotel. I didn't use either the pool or the Fitness centre so I cannot give an opinion on either.

Room Tip: we had a room at the side, away from the street noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My sister had her wedding at the hotel in mid- November and I want to compliment the management and staff for their efforts and attention to detail in making it such a great day:-)! The food was of the highest quality and everyone commented on how good the food was, given that there were over 200 guests this was no mean achievement. Sincere thanks to Neil and Elaine and all the staff at the West Cork for a wonderful day. It just goes to show, stay local and enjoy the best that west cork has to offer!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We were there fo about 3 nights last November and found it friendly, accomodating, great food. The room was very clean and nice.
I have booked here again for my holiday in March 2014 for 4 nights.
This place is central to a lot of shops, nice freindly streets to walk around.
I think what made our stay good was how the owner took time to introduce himself to people and ask if there was anything he could do for you, Not a lot of places go these extra yards.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the river and this old bridge, very nice views of the town over from the river...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skibbereen
12 mi away
#1 of 8 in Clonakilty
Westlodge Hotel
Westlodge Hotel
#2 of 5 in Bantry

Been to The West Cork Hotel? Share your experiences!