“Magical”
Review of Bridge House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skibbereen
Bridge House
Ranked #2 of 12 Skibbereen B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I was on my way to Cape Clear for a storytelling weekend and missed my connection. Tired and fed up I got off the bus in Skibbereen but a few steps away from it was the Bridge House B&B. The warm welcome from Mona was magical and I knew I was in the right place to stay . The house is well described by others eclectic interesting and a bit left field.My room was beutiful cool and calm and the nights sleep was very restful. Mona gave me some great information about places and transport and where to get an evening meal. The next morning I had the most wonderful breakfast and chat with Mona, a woman of many talents, charm and wonderful company. I will treasure my stay at the Bridge House, although I live at the other end of Ireland another visit is something I look forward to. Highly recommended :))

Room Tip: Let Mona decide for you!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This B&B has restored by faith in the 'Irish welcome'. Mona is lovely. She makes you feel at ease and like a guest in her home. The house is quirky and at times you feel like you're on a movie set. The bed was very comfy and the breakfast was one of the best I've had. Local, organic produce and fresh warm scone. We really enjoyed our stay and I'd highly recommend it.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Mona was lovely, and exceptionally helpful. However, I don't get the appeal this b&b seems to generate. The clutter defies dusting, and I woke up with burning eyes and a scratchy throat. The towels were skimpy and rough, and the price was high for a shared bath situation. Obviously, I'm in the minority, but to each their own. This place was not for me.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank JFG123
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was a fantastic place to stay and Mona is a wonderful host,she helped us so much. We had to scatter our mothers ashes in Skib and this lady went all the way to help us by telling us who to get the flowers from (which I must say were beautiful) she even went the extra mile and gave us some holy water to take with us. The breakfast was also so very special and her house is just a wonderful place to stay you must try it for yourselves and you will see this special place and lady.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Betty O
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We didn't book this a relative did .What a fabulous treat we were greeted by the warm and wonderful Mona.Who showed us to our rooms on the way we bumped into a few permanent residents dressed in Victorian attire.
The rooms were wonderfully wacky and OTT and its true there is a Bible tucked between 50 Shades of Grey and its Sequel everywhere you looked there was many a curiosity .After we chose which rooms which was quite simple really as the one we wanted the others couldn't handle the 70s style wallpaper we were shown the bathroom.Which was again full of beautiful furniture. A thoughtful but unobtrusive host .With the best Breakfast ever with fresh just made bread and local produce. Served with edible flowers from the amazing foliage that adorns the front of the Building. We went to take our Grans Ashes Home and Mona Helped us find the places we needed and even. Gave us some Holly water.

Room Tip: Just tell Mona What your in to .There will be one for you.Rooms at the back would be quieter but alt...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Mona set us up in one of her best rooms with only a couple of hours notice. The room was lovely and romantic. Mona is an excellent hostess serving a fabulous breakfast with her charm and hospitality. Her house is very intriguing and artistic. Definitely worth a visit!

Room Tip: It is on a busy street so if noise bothers you, ask for one of the rooms that do not overlook the st...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The room's were clean, the breakfast was delicious and filling, the decorations were intriguing and filled the house with character.

Best of all was the warm hospitality. We came for the food festival but stayed for Mona's great company! If you're lucky, you might get a glimpse of Ringo Star too!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple