“Unforgettable place”
Review of Bridge House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skibbereen
Bridge House
Ranked #2 of 12 Skibbereen B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We spent a night at Mona's Bridge House and we enjoyed our stay a lot! From the moment you enter there are so many things to see. The room was comfortable, although we struggle to find a place where to put our stuff among all the things already in the room. Bed linen could have been better -cleanliness / folding-... (We did not chose the black satin option..).

Even the food was carefully decorated. It was beautiful the display and colours in the dishes.
The other star Bridge House is Ringo Starr, Mona's dog.
You will definitely never forget a place like this!

Room Tip: Our room was quiet because it was facing the interior. Although the building in one of the main road...
1  Thank Ar0undthew0rld3

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Just back from Skibbereen and 2 great nights in this wonderful little B&B that is a highlight of the town in itself. Mona's hospitality, the eclectic and eccentric interior of the house and her lovely breakfasts helped make the weekend the experience it was. We stayed in the soon to be renovated Blue Room and you'd be hard pushed to find a comfier bed anywhere else in West Cork. Skibbereen itself is a decent spot from which to view the sights on offer in this part of the country with Mizen Head and the Beara Peninsula only a drive away. I couldn't recommend the Bridge House enough and if you are ever down this way be sure to consider it. We'll be back ourselves at some stage.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Fantastic B&B. Wonderful hostess. Authentic and fascinating decor.
Breakfast was scrumptious and wonderfully presented.
I cannot recommend this Bed and Breakfast enough, to come to Skibereen and miss it would be a terribel shame.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed just one night but will definitely go back to stay again. A wonderful unique and charming home run by an amazing Lady called Mona. Her personality is reflected in her home with theatrical and lavish decor it creates a wonderful energy and comfortable stay. Her breakfast was not only delicious but presented beautifully and made with love. I would recommend anyone staying in Skibbereen to experience this charming B&B. Mary & Andy Dublin

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I would recommend this establishment to anyone traveling in Ireland. Lady Mona will make your stay much more than comfortable; you will find yourself sleeping in a plush bed, delighted with the gorgeous breakfast and amazed at the character and decor of her magnificent guest house.
If you aren't sure what to see or where to go, all you need is to ask. I've never met a more charming or generous hostess. For we dog lovers, you will find the Cocker Spaniel, Ringo Star as charming as Lady Mona.
Skibbereen itself is small, quaint and charming; close to the beach and Market Day on Saturday is worth being in town for.
All around, an excellent traveling experience.

Room Tip: When making your reservation, be honest, say what you want and your hostess will make it happen.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Absolutely amazing guest house - Mona could not have been more welcoming and the house is a treasure trove of suprises. The breakfast was stunning - fresh melon, cherries, a huge fry and superb coffee. I would definitely go back and it was the highlight of my visit to Skibbereen!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Everyone should stay at least one night at Bridge House! It’s an adventure into a world overflowing with treasures and eclectic charm. And like it’s owner Mona Best, the house is unique, quirky and welcoming.
I stayed in ‘The Blue Room’, enjoying its sumptuous décor and the most comfortable bed ever! Mona’s attention to detail reflects a genuine desire for guests to have that once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Breakfast was a work of art! It was a feast for both my taste-buds and my eyes (the first time I’ve ever taken a photo of my food). Feeling like a Queen in Mona’s cosy and enchanting dining room, I was surrounded by trinkets, wonderful background music - all by a warm fire…. exactly what the doctor ordered after a late night or should I say early morning. So make sure you put a visit to Mona Best and Bridge House on your ‘To Do List’ now. I guarantee you’ll leave with a smile on your face and a story to tell!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo