“A wonderful host to greet me and a stay to remember thanks to Mona!”
Review of Bridge House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skibbereen
Bridge House
Ranked #2 of 12 Skibbereen B&B and Inns
Galway, Ireland
“A wonderful host to greet me and a stay to remember thanks to Mona!”
Reviewed May 27, 2011

I arrived late on a very wet night and I was greeted to a hot cup of tea and some tasty treats. I had a greats night's sleep in lovely white linen sheets. Thanks to Mona my stay was memorable and special. She knows how to look after the small things and the breakfast was really lovely and fresh. Fresh fruit and a hot breakfast! I left feeling like I had made a friend, thanks to Mona my stay was very enjoyable.

Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Hebrew first
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Mona's B&B is one of a kind as is Mona herself. My wife and I stayed one night only and were highly entertained by everything in the house. Everywhere we looked there was something to catch your eye and leave you highly amused. Breakfast was excellent and freshly cooked and was followed by a long conversation with Mona who luckily for us pointed us in the right direction for the days travels. A charming and quirky B&B with a charming host in a great location.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed May 20, 2011

Stayed for just the one night. Fun, quirky and unusual. Beds and rooms were clean and breakfast was fab. Only downside was that we had to share a bathroom. Great stay overall :)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2011

We had a great stay with Mona, just one night and with one night you can't see everything Mona has displayed. A great collection that keeps you looking in fear of missing something. Mona was great! Terrific sense of humor, great hostess. She gave us some great advise for our travels including visiting Mizen Head that was well worth the extra drive, we loved it. The breakfast was one of the best we had with a lot of attention to detail.

Thanks Mona for the great sleep, and I hope you haven't locked yourself out of the house too many more times....

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank glenn_joan
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Well if you are looking for minimalist contemporary edge then stay away this place is not for you. On the other hand if you are looking for unique, quirky, off the wall and like no other place you have stayed then Mona's Bridge House is for you. What can you say about a B&B that has a mannequin dressed in evening attire replete with white silk scarf and top hat in tha hall to greet you. As Mona say herself her collectables habit is a f**king disease. Long may it continue. highly recommended - the full Irish breakfast was sensational. Well done Mona Best

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Mona Best's Bridge House is the most relaxing and interesting B&B I've ever stayed in. I've been here only once before and had to come back again when I knew we were passing around Skibbereen. It is a destination all in its own.

Mona is such a sweetheart, she took us in on such a short notice even though she wasn't due to open again for another couple of days. After such a hectic vacation this is the perfect place to relax, enjoy the eclectic atmosphere, and possibly even bribe (Ringo?) the old pup to let you pet him.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Investigating the various places to stay in Skibbereen, I came across The Bridge House, names Irelands Most Unusual B&B by a well-known radio station, and instantly I like what I saw. A good friend of mine was getting married a few days later in the town and as usual, I'd left things to the very last minute regarding accommodation. As mentioned in the header, the Bridge House very definitely did exactly what it said on the tin!

Mona was a delight to deal with. Complete with purple crutch to aide her rapidly recovering broken hip, she showed us a room straight out a Victorian period drama, beautifully decorated while providing some impromptu hairdressing to my girlfriend's disintegrating hairstyle. Leaving us to our devices, breakfast was an extremely flexible affair, not restricted timewise as in other more authoritarian establishments.

And what a breakfast it was. It put the wedding day meal to shame and reignited some sorely abused tastebuds. Two courses, a fresh fruit platter followed by the most exotic full Irish that I've ever tasted. All served with piping fresh coffee. Flicking through her sign-in book, it was replete with many many other satisfied patrons. The only shortcoming was that parking was on-street, but that's nitpicking of the highest order. A highly recommendable stay overseen by a delightful proprietor!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank griffinrossi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skibbereen
The West Cork Hotel
#7 of 12 in Skibbereen
Marguerites
Marguerites
#5 of 12 in Skibbereen

Been to Bridge House? Share your experiences!